//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Love/Hate Relationship

--
    actually I would look at Vortec pistons. They are top notch!

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    you got a shee glamy?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    I`ve been a shee junkie for a long time .......the only quad i`ll ride !

Oooooo, me likey! What mods on that pretty lady?

--
    Lets see nothing major 2nd over stock mid-range port , v-force 3`s , intake`s , 36 PWK`s , no box (it never rains) PTR`s , Marvin Shaw`s all around , +8 swinger nothing it won`t do in big dunes ......she don`t turn so tight but you don`t need to cause it`s wide open out here ! I know you`re gonna love it ......after 2nd gear things get burry very quickly !! Don`t be afraid of 50:1 after you break in thick she`ll scream ! I ran this one @ 50:i MC-1 and VP 114 from day one and she`s 4th over one bottom end .
    Thanks for the advice! I want to make it out to your neck of the woods someday!

--

2/1 Updates

Made my personal commitment to have the motor back in the frame by end of January.

Pressure tested Friday night. Held 6PSI for 7min, I am very happy with that result. Pics of my pressure testing kit below.

IMG_0970.jpgIMG_0971.jpgIMG_0969.jpg

Got the motor in the frame Saturday afternoon. She's locked and loaded.

IMG_0974.jpg

Now I have the rear end out and replacing the carrier bearings.

--
    She`ll be ready for the Invasion for sure ! Oh there filming for the next Star Wars at the dunes right now !
    Hey glamy, question. Did you keep the stock swinger or did you upgrade to a round house?

--
    The eccentric ones are nice. I have a plus 2 on mine, Honda style. If you put 200x hubs on your banshee axle you will gain a few inches of width...the 83-85 ones. And if you want 2" wider front end I have some billet wheel spacers off out old raptor 250 used a year sitting around, I got 1" rear spacers for it also. Cheap width if your wanting to keep it simple.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    The eccentric ones are nice. I have a plus 2 on mine, Honda style. If you put 200x hubs on your banshee axle you will gain a few inches of width...the 83-85 ones. And if you want 2" wider front end I have some billet wheel spacers off out old raptor 250 used a year sitting around, I got 1" rear spacers for it also. Cheap width if your wanting to keep it simple.
    Thanks man. I have been talking to Milner about suspension setups and he got me very interested in a company called metal tech which is close to him in AZ. I will likely go through them for the eccentric swinger and have my rear shock revalved by Milner at the same time. My question is what axle can I use with the eccentric setup? Is it a Honda 250R axle and hardware? I want to get the same setup (LSR) as I have on my 250R.

--
    you use the factory axle. you just buy a eccentric 35mm bearing carrier for the banshee axle. Put it in the swing arm of your choice. I for a plus 2 off ebay for $285 or something there was as ale last summer.

This is what I have and no issues....remember its a trail quad so do not get talked into over prices suspension because its a banshee at the end of day everyday lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BANSHEE-YFZ3...oL7tow&vxp=mtr
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4-6-Yamaha...Attn2w&vxp=mtr

get your shock redone and go ride. call it a day after that boss...

Also you will not need an extended brake line if you go to plus 2. I recommend +1, plus 2 is not really needed unless all your doing is hills.

--
    Stock length is fine for trails.. I would actually consider a minus 1" if you aren't afraid of traction and the resulting front end loft..
    2-stroke lover

--

Update 2/8

Worked over the weekend to finish everything up. Got the FMF's blasted and I sprayed them with VHT high temp. May not last long but at least I can touch it up easily. I also repacked the silencers.

Pipes_2.jpg

Then, I put on my ASV shorty levers, ODI lock on grips and fabricated a mount for my temp sensor. I have heard banshee's are notorious for overheating so I wanted to stay on top of the engine temp.

Temp Sensor.jpg

And finally, I attempted to start on sunday. 15 kicks and no start. Performed a spark test through the plug and the spark was VERY weak and intermittent. I then pulled the boots off of the coil wires and the spark was the same. Well, I ohm'd the primary leads and they were fine and then moved to the secondary and nothing so I just bought a new coil and wires. We will see what happens when I get that in.

In the mean time I am going to double check the CDI and Stator.

--
    told ya...throw your oem wire harness away. Same thing mine did.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I have never had issues with the oem wiring system once the tors component's were completely removed. I have seen more key switch and on off switch failures. Coils for that matter rarely fail on a banshee.

However, make sure the pickup trigger on the flywheel is not a rusty pile of smeegle, and make sure the air gap at the trigger pickup to the raised flywheel trigger is set at .017". Too much rust or air gap will cause weak spark.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    I agree with Mosh. It fired before you tore it down and now has weak spark. I would suspect nothing went bad while sitting there, but stranger things have happened.

--
    Thanks guys. I set the coil gap at .020 (I will try .017) and one thing I forgot to do was file the nubs on the flywheel as they were rusty. I also cleaned all electrical junctions last night and filed the 2 grounds. New coil should be in tonight. I will update with progress as I have it.

As a side note...she looks really bitchin' with the black exhaust. Me Likey

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //