//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Love/Hate Relationship

--
    after riding it you may find you hate the skinny pegs. YFZ450R bolt on with light mods...best $15 I spend. 3" wide pegs.

--
    Here's my fuel lines. I put in a new larger petcock and brass fuel filter. Heavy duty clamps will go on on the pipe connections since the ones the guy provided off eBay didn't do crap. Mine get engine ice tonight and fired up tomorrow.

--

3/14/2016_Round 2

A couple weeks ago I fired the engine for the first time post January rebuild. To my surprise there was an annoying ticking coming from the motor and when I took it for a spin it still had a huge bog (more gas I gave it the more it wanted to die and this was my original problem when I bought it). I took stator and clutch side case halves and all was well. I then pulled my cylinders and found a tiny bit of play in the top conrod bearings.

So I decided to put a new crank in. I went with a HotRods stock stroke crank. I also added a new stator and wiring harness.

Round 2_5.jpgRound 2_1.jpgRound 2_2.jpg

After that it was back to cleaning the cases and putting the top end back together with a pressure test. I am happy to say that everything passed and she runs excellent! As BKM has been telling me, the squeeze is worth the juice. I took it out for a spin yesterday and my, my...it is a handful.

This is after I brought it back in for the night and gave it a thorough cleaning.

Round 2_3.jpgRound 2_4.jpg

And this is as of last night. I purchased new wheel bearings and a-arm bushings as I noticed some slop in the front end. Glad I am replacing the bearings. When I took the right side off last night they were crunchy and shot.
    Front bearings.jpg

I also have a new chain roller/swingarm protector kit coming in from UPP. In conversations with Rob he has been telling me the stockers are junk and I proved that yesterday when my rollers were squalling like a scalded dog during some test runs in front of the house.

That's all for now, but she will be ready to go in a few weeks as I have a april 2-3 trip coming up.
    Last edited by yaegerb; 03-14-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I road mine Saturday 1st time since November after fixing all my issues over winter plus head mods and stuff Mosh said to do. It's go so much snap now I can power slide with he flick of the wrist and no clutch...so much snap it didn't care I was running mud lites and I went into a 360 spin out.

I'm going to the coal hills after this rain ends in about 1.5 weeks.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    I road mine Saturday 1st time since November after fixing all my issues over winter plus head mods and stuff Mosh said to do. It's go so much snap now I can power slide with he flick of the wrist and no clutch...so much snap it didn't care I was running mud lites and I went into a 360 spin out.

I'm going to the coal hills after this rain ends in about 1.5 weeks.
    Yep, when these things are running correctly, they are a handful. Rob talked me into sticking with the stock pilot and running a 280 main with 1-3/4 turn on the airscrew....I would say its about spot on.

--
    I'm at 280 main and 27.5 polite I think with same setting on a/f screw. It should be now to my kfx700 to shame since the 700 put the banshee to shame before I had to re-fix everything a shop hoses me on.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Aint it funny how we can get to the bottom of a carb jetting issue with real world experience, versus internet research theory based on 20,000 lines of text and 76 google searches? Who would have ever thunk it possible?

Simply amazing
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    Aint it funny how we can get to the bottom of a carb jetting issue with real world experience, versus internet research theory based on 20,000 lines of text and 76 google searches? Who would have ever thunk it possible?

Simply amazing
    Kudos to you brother. I really appreciate you taking the time talk with me through my various issues as you have saved me a ton of time trying to figure out different setups. Also, glad to see you posting more around here!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    I agree with Mosh. It fired before you tore it down and now has weak spark. I would suspect nothing went bad while sitting there, but stranger things have happened.
    Big thanks to you as well Buddy! I appreciate you coming over to the house last week to give me a second opinion on the OEM crank. Hope yours is up and running soon. Need a St. Joe trip!

--

Update 3/21/16

Banshee is complete for now. Couple things I took care of over the weekend.

Wanted the shee to breathe better so I called Eric at EHS and had him send me over one of his trick air lids. After some surgery with a dremel and file you get something like this.
    EHS Lid.jpg

I then rebuilt my front hubs with a fresh set of all balls bearings. The OEM's were toast!
    Fresh Hubs.jpg

I also decided to put in some new bushings in the a-arms. It was a messy job but relatively straight forward.
    Bushing Replacement.jpg

Lastly, I replaced the OEM rollers/chain guides with a UPP setup recommended by Rob and I removed the rear shock and roughly tuned the rear suspension to support my fat arse. Still isn't 100% so when I save up some money I will be talking to milner.

The front end is super tight now and no sqeaks anywhere on the bike. I will be getting some new tires on it pretty soon and I will post up some pics when I get them on.

Test n' tune ride in 2 weeks! Com'on Bryan, spring is almost here buddy!

--
    Oh it's most definitely love. Once I had all the bugs worked out shee's mean as hell and stole my heart.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Far as I am concerned only 3 atvs matter in the universe. .

Waterpumper 2 stroke trikes, banshees and trx 250rs
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    Far as I am concerned only 3 atvs matter in the universe. .

Waterpumper 2 stroke trikes, banshees and trx 250rs
    Amen brother!

--
    no quadzilla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or TRX500R lol

--

First Ride

Headed out Friday morning for a full weekend of riding. Thought I would take some glamour pics before I left and it got all dirty.

Finished_1.jpg
    Finished_2.jpg
    Finished_3.jpg

This banshee is a handful. My riding partner has a trail tech Vapor on his raptor and we logged over 101 miles with top speeds in excess of 76MPH on gravel roads. On Saturday we tried out a new riding park with nothing but straight up hill climbs over very technical terrain. The shee handled those with ease. My only complaint is that the motor tends to get a little hot if putting around on trails. It is definitely happier ballz out in 6th on dirt roads.

I also got a package in yesterday. Found a used set of Works TRS front shocks that will be sent to Milner in a few weeks for some love and I also got a set of Roll Design +2/+1 a-arms (also need to be rebuilt). Once I get everything rebuilt I will make an update to this thread.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //