//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buckit14's 200x rebuild

--
    I removed one of the factory gussets and added a much stronger one. For the down tube gusset I copied an article from an old 3 wheeling magazine article. It should be strong enough for the riding I'll be doing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20151208_072039649.jpg   IMG_20151217_150203049.jpg   IMG_20151217_150057918.jpg  
    Follow on Instagram @buckit14

--
    Nice work, nice welds, nice gussets you are talented!
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    I happen to have a complete 350X front and rear shock setup with the Gold valves ready to run. New springs and everything. I am going to polish the bottom tubes and install new boots and them put them up for sale. I paid $780 for them to be rebuilt and that does not include polishing or the boots. I would take $600 for the set of 3 (front and rear) or $500 for the front forks shipped.

BTW nice Fab work and repairs! keep up the great work!!! I would on the front down tube, add a support from big the tube to the 2 smaller ones.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Thanks for the offer. That sounds like a great deal but unfortunately I don't have the budget for that. Too many projects and not enough money. I'm going to have to settle for freshened up stock forks for now.

--
    The grab bar is done. It's nothing special but it'll do the job.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20151222_072043994.jpg  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by buckit14 View Post
    I removed one of the factory gussets and added a much stronger one. For the down tube gusset I copied an article from an old 3 wheeling magazine article. It should be strong enough for the riding I'll be doing.

Those welds are spot on.

Is that a TIG. or a MIG??
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    If you are looking for cheap tires it doesn't get cheaper than these https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...nobby-ATV-Tire. Really there are no cheap tires trust me I know.

--
    those round tires will offer no performace. you want flat 20's on the rear or smaller.

--
    Good used tires on wheels are the best value. Lots of modern take offs out there. Get darn near whatever wheels and tires you want then get the hubs to match. Usually for about 1/3 the cost of new, and new tires don't slide well at all.

1979atc is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Those welds are spot on.

Is that a TIG. or a MIG??
    Looks to be tig to me, and the welds are really nice.

--
    Thanks guys. Yes everything has been tig welded.

--
    I added another gusset to the frame at the bottom of the down tube. Also my bearings and seals came in and I have some questions. What fork oil should I be using? Since I'll be using stock forks for now is there anything I can do to make them work better?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160107_205213062.jpg   IMG_20160107_071607336_HDR.jpg  

--
    I run weight in original forks with OEM springs. aftermarket springs I use 5 weight. I just run maxima. It's at about every dealer you walk into for a few bucks.

--
    Did you double-wall that downtube? If not, your new gusset is going to transfer the load and make it crack there even faster than it already does.

Edit: I see now that you did double wall the down tube. Good work.

--
    The frame and swingarm are painted. Now things can start going together.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160122_201821.jpg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //