//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Buckit14's 200x rebuild

--

Buckit14's 200x rebuild

So I bought this 85 200x 5-6 years ago for $500. I rode it for a couple months until the kickstart return spring broke. After I realized the cases had to be split to fix it I lost motivation and it sat until a couple months ago. I dug the x out of storage and took it apart in my basement. In a couple weeks the motor work will begin but until then I'm working on fixing up the frame and some other parts.

The plan is to do a basic clean up and rebuild but set it up for mx. There isn't any 3 wheeler racing in my area so it won't be an all-out mx build. I mostly ride on a small track at a coworkers house so I want it to work well on a tight track with some small jumps. Any tips welcome!

Here's a picture of the project with my auto-x.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20151025_175315.jpg  
    Follow on Instagram @buckit14

--
    That sure is some beautiful property right there. What did you have in mind for mx mods? There is quite a few members that can help with info and services if desired. Do you plan on gusseting the frame?
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    I love the 200X. Big Red Grizzly did a complete motor rebuild here not to long ago on I think an 85

--
    That picture was at my parents house. I live in town so I keep my machines there. Also the track I ride at is 2 houses down the road so it works nicely. The frame is getting gussets right now. I was hoping someone could recommend some affordable tires that work well. I was also wondering if i should have an extended swingarm and how wide the rear should be.

--
    That picture could be a 500 piece puzzle!
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    yes, swap a 350X front triple set onto it, and have onformula1 build you a tweaked rear shock. he will give you one hell of a deal on it too!

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    I prefer 83-84 250R front end. only need the fork set up nothing less unlike the 350x stuff.

--
    You have a breathtaking property buckit.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    I prefer 83-84 250R front end. only need the fork set up nothing less unlike the 350x stuff.
    yea but a good undamaged or corroded set of them forks are getting harder and harder to find now days.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    ebay all day everyday lol. everything is the same about them as the 350X just the lower tubes. No one seems to know that lol. fork tubes are 100% the same between bikes. ALso does it really matter if fork tops are rusted some above travel areas? That's what electrical tape it for lol.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    ebay all day everyday lol. everything is the same about them as the 350X just the lower tubes. No one seems to know that lol. fork tubes are 100% the same between bikes. ALso does it really matter if fork tops are rusted some above travel areas? That's what electrical tape it for lol.
    Every single piece on those forks are different except seals and bushings

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    tubes are the same, p/n's or not people swapped them no issues. Either way we are just putting bullsh*t in this guys thread. If he does not need parts not sence turning a $500 200x into a $5,000 200x like some arm chair racers need on here.

--
    Thanks for the info guys. I tried to buy some 2nd gen r forks off a local but he's selling all his parts together and won't separate them. Unfortunately it's a bad time to buy parts from the states since our dollar is so low. I am on a fairly tight budget but I can modify and build parts myself. Anyway here is how the frame looks right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20151217_145925638.jpg   IMG_20151217_145953421.jpg  

--
    My frame needed a couple repairs before adding any gussets. At the back of the frame on the left side a tube was cracked almost all the way. When I was ing the swingarm bolt out it cracked the rest of the way. On the right side the grab bar mount was broken off and missing so I made a new one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20151209_154425955.jpg   IMG_20151207_122122483.jpg   IMG_20151216_122858461.jpg   IMG_20151218_064944481_HDR.jpg  

--
    I'll be watching this one!!

1985 200x is by far the best three wheeler ever made

The sky is the limit!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //