//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Bike Swap Harley Dyna for Hyabusa

--

Bike Swap Harley Dyna for Hyabusa

I have a 1998 Harley Dyna Wide Glide that has 5K miles on it with the original rear tire from 1998. All oem bone stock with factory extras. Real clean. This guy wants to do an even trade with his stock 2003 Suzuki Hyabusa. Has 10K miles on it one owner adult owned. It has the Yoshi dual slip ons. I checked the values of both bikes and they are about the same price in resale value. Nada guide.

I never drove a bike that has stock 175 HP and a top end of 180. I don't like to be leaning over a tank and being comfortable might be difficult on this bike ?

If you had this choice would you keep the harley or go with the hyabusa ?
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

--
    Do you want to enjoy the scenery? Or fight the urge to kill yourself anytime you have enough room to twist the grip? Lol. I know that it's no fun to ride a fast bike slow. Leaning over the tank gets old in town and on extended rides. Only you can decide what you want or need out of a bike, but remember that there is a reason that he wants to trade..
    2-stroke lover

--
    Do you have a wife? If so ask her what she thinks.

Otherwise do whatever the helll you wanna do.

The Busa will taunt you every single time you ride it. The power is not for the meek and can overwhelm any rider. I rode one ONE time and took it to 173 mph on the speedo.

--
    I am afraid to think what this thing will do given enough room. I do fear for my life and a harley high speed wobble at 90 is good reality check lol
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

--
    Stick with fxdwg, hyabusas are a dime a dozen down here, there's nothing like a good cruiser, and your current bike is just that. Going extremely fast is fun but it gets old.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

shovelryder is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That busa won't hold its value. Look at Craigslist, nada is not accurate at all. Keep the dyna. It's an evo, one of the best HD motors and frames ever.

--
    Personally wouldn't trade the wide glide for anything but an fxr, if I was a Harley guy that is

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetip2000 View Post
    I am afraid to think what this thing will do given enough room. I do fear for my life and a harley high speed wobble at 90 is good reality check lol
    I see a LOT of internet gurus telling people that they need x amount of miles to hit 170+ on Busa and all I can tell you is they have either never ridden one or didn't even get CLOSE to pinning the throttle. It happens fast and it is violent. The craziest thing ever at the same time, it feels like you are in a tube of still air and the bike is stable as can be. The only thing that kept me from going faster was looking at the speedo to record the fastest mph I have ever been on a bike. Its a rush just thinking about it.

--
    Hayabusa is the best time you can have with your clothes on.
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //