//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Trikefest 2016

--
    It's hardly March and I feel I'm behind the 8 ball for this trip. The YTM should have been ready a month ago, but a misplaced blow and a piss poor ebay seller have set me back. The Tri-Z parts have been at the powder coaters for over a week and every call to them gets me another "maņana". I suspect test and tune will be taking place on site.

I'm sure it will all work out, but I hate the idea of doing any wrenching the night before I pull out on a trip.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    It's hardly March and I feel I'm behind the 8 ball for this trip. The YTM should have been ready a month ago, but a misplaced blow and a piss poor ebay seller have set me back. The Tri-Z parts have been at the powder coaters for over a week and every call to them gets me another "maņana". I suspect test and tune will be taking place on site.

I'm sure it will all work out, but I hate the idea of doing any wrenching the night before I pull out on a trip.
    Welcome to the world of Trikefest !! This will be my 10th year and the week before is always a thrash fest. No matter how much I plan ahead or how early I start, it always comes down to the last week. It "usually" works out, lol. Good luck and see you there.
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric250R View Post
    Welcome to the world of Trikefest !! This will be my 10th year and the week before is always a thrash fest. No matter how much I plan ahead or how early I start, it always comes down to the last week. It "usually" works out, lol. Good luck and see you there.
    I'm really looking forward to this. The trikes are getting all my attention until such time as there is nothing left to do but wax them and wait to load up.

It's going to be weird meeting people I've know for years on here for the first time. I always get a mental picture of what someone looks like either by phone or email and then when you meet them face to face they're nothing like what you were expecting.

I'd hate to drive all that way only to miss the opportunity to at least say hello to a lot of people on this site that I hope will be there. I was thinking to maybe bring a Mexican flag and put it on the roof of my truck as a beacon for anyone who cares to come by to say 'hola" and have a shot of tequila. I can't think of anyone on this site I wouldn't want to meet.

My right hand is killing me, so fist bumps may have to replace handshakes that week. See you there!
    It sucks to get old

--
    One of the very nicest parts of being at 3ww TrikeFest meets IMHO is you don't really need a tour guide. Just wander from camp to camp + meet and great.
    Nobody at a particular camp,,,, just means you have someplace to go back to.
    I admit I have long lost my interest in riding that place. Its the people and events that keep me coming back year after year.
    I normally put 5 to 10 miles on my trike,,,, camp to camp,,,, getting ice, to tracks. I get out of 2nd. gear ~ occasionally

--
    Usually it's quite easy to figure out who people are and where they camp. I camped with some TF vets so they knew everyone so that helped. Someone would drive by hey that's so and so. Or hey come meet wheezy. Or buying stickers off of John and meeting the guys from Europe. Or at the shoe tree and meeting coolpool half lit in the middle of the night. The Canadians are pretty easy to spot haha. And people like MRSOUND had a great idea and put a sign in front of their camp saying who's camped there. Or me, Wednesday I think I just rode around with my TRUPA shirt that had Ghost on the back and everyone's like hey what's up. I have parts for you for your pauter you've been looking for. You end up meeting everyone by accident. I lucked out and already knew a lot of the east coast TF vets.

I hope for less mud and rain this year though. Man that was bad.

--
    I agree with the meet and greet part of Trikefest being the best part. I've said this before, when you go for the first time, it's like going to a big family reunion where you've never met any of the family before. I meet new people every time I go. It's awesome! I'm ready!
    Appalachian American Racing
    the home of
    Appalachian American Engineering

"Can't", never could do nothing

There's nothing like the sound of screaming 2strokes and the smell of race gas in the air

--
    I put my vacation in for Wed - Fri and got denied for Friday. SMH oh well, thats what they personal days for. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and seeing some new faces (Nico!). Plan on being there sometime Wed.
    insanity - Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

My Feedback Thread.....http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-MRSOUND

86 honda big red
    85 250sx
    82 250r
    86 klt 185 black (project)
    86 klt 185 red
    85 klt 160 (Floyd)
    85 klt 110 X2 (projects)
    86 klt 110 X2
    84 klt 200
    84 atc 70
    DUCKSTER!

--
    I might be camping down in the MrSound flats again this year. Let's see if we can get ElCam set up over near the AtcTim and Coolpool area. That promises to be a fun section. Need to claim some prime real estate between Hippyplz and the Halls.

--
    I wasn't planning on making it this year. We are trying to buy a farm so money for toys is verboten and I sold my 200X. The R or the A2 won't be done by then either so I'm without running trike.

Since Nico was coming up all the way from the other side of the fence and I would miss others, I think I'm going to make the 4hr drive to camp over with Eric250R in the Confederate Culdesac again. Not all week like last year but a couple days or so. I'll probably try to meet more ppl this year since we mostly just rode the last two years.

Maybe somebody will rent or loan me a trike for putting around

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    I wasn't planning on making it this year. We are trying to buy a farm so money for toys is verboten and I sold my 200X. The R or the A2 won't be done by then either so I'm without running trike.

Since Nico was coming up all the way from the other side of the fence and I would miss others, I think I'm going to make the 4hr drive to camp over with Eric250R in the Confederate Culdesac again. Not all week like last year but a couple days or so. I'll probably try to meet more ppl this year since we mostly just rode the last two years.

You're welcome to anything in my stable.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    I too will be camping with atctim. I also feel my board name should be changed so people know me lol. This is the captain aka captain nick. But I put in my vacation. So regardless if they give it to me or not I'll be there. It's been put in long enough.

--
    ⬆ Captain Nick, not to be confused with Captain Weezy.

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Getting my 200x prepped with some help from Ironchop. Hoping to rebuild my 82 250r before then to bring it. But starting a business and just getting married so moneys tighter. Might only have the 200x done ;_;
    I'd like to be able to meet and ride with new people and try to get to know everyone a bit better. Im super hyped for my second TF! Got to meet one of the Longs, Chickenhawk, and hanged with Ironchop the entire weekend. Cant wait to,meet more of the community

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post

Please don't have to do that for me Doug! It'll be nothing short of getting set up for a hot blind date and then finding out the seeing eye dog looks and smells better than her! Seriously, please come if you can, but do it for better reasons.

Keister: I seem to recall Coolpool posting he couldn't make it this year. Hope I'm wrong, but swear I saw him post it a month or so back. Looking forward to meeting you and others. White Chevy with Mexican plates, white Tri-Z, gray hair.

Fabio's been pushing be to do this for a few years, so I was hoping to show up Monday or Tuesday at the latest and camp by his rig. (I may end up scratching on his door like an abandoned puppy it the weather goes bad.)

Of course all this is contingent on no family emergencies, driving a newer model truck with two shiny trikes in tow through narco land and crossing and International border with a flippant attitude. Here's to hoping
    It sucks to get old

--
    Last year I installed air bags, an trans oil cooler a new hitch and all the wiring for the toy hauler plug. I need to check the timing belt and fix the E brakes on my truck.

The 350RX is 100% as is the other 350X and the 87 200X, which now has the boyesen stage 3 adjustable leak jet and hot start have made the tuning allot easier.

The Dirtblaster has seen some time on the bench. Until I get a pipe on there 100%, I can't even put the motor in the correct place. Not sure if that will make it....

Last and biggest is the Toy Hauler. I said I'd fix it right and have made some progress. I tore the entire 8' x 8' floor out and it's been replaced with PT 3/4" plywood. What an undertaking that was!! That was all I got done before winter hit. I need to redo the shower and replace all the wood in the front of it. This was all due to 1 roof leak not fixed but thats why it was so cheap and I was aware of the issues. Then, luan on the floor and some vinyl. I started plating and welding all the suspension because I've read about bending and cracking. I tore the gas tank and pump system out only because I need to keep the weight down and I really don't need it.

Last, 5 new rims and D rated tires (another failure point), The OEM was rated "C" which should be D or even E rated.

Lots to do but I'll get it done.....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //