//ArrowChat Code
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Trikefest 2016

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I must say, the Mexinadian's post is beyond reproach. For one of very few times I will not try to top someone else's words. Nico I am proud to have had you as a guest for your first Trikefest and you're always welcome with me. You were exactly what I had pictured from our years of online banter.

There are so many special aspects of Trikefest. So many great people and such a great place, it's tough to list them all. I feel like a broken record when I talk about the kind of people that usually attend this event, those who have found Trikefest because of their passion for three wheelers. It's something you have to experience to understand, there is no question about that. This is a gem that must be cherished and cared for dearly in order to survive this mixed up world for generations to come. I'm a very sentimental person, I really get into the old or simple charm of certain things and affix myself on keeping them that way. Very often I go to Cape Cod in the summer (was just there today) and every single time I go I think back to the charming beach cottages, so simple and welcoming, on the dirt roads lined by scrub pine trees. There were mom and pop stores and pizza shops and you could ride your bike wherever it was you needed to go. Huge portions of that have changed. Many cottages are converted to four season homes or condo complexes, the roads are paved, and Cumberland Farms and WalMart are the stores. I sit in some of the worst traffic in the country in Boston many days at work, but that's nothing compared to Cape Cod traffic. The only way I dare navigate the Cape (which I must to get to my beaches) is on my Buell. It's a lot of dangerous lane splitting on the bike but it's almost not worth doing in a car or pickup. What has happened here is that people found out it's a good thing and came in droves, so now it's less of a good thing. It's great if you can afford a million dollar mortgage, and I'm not kidding, but even that will not buy you the charm Cape Cod had twenty years ago.

Cape Cod is a part of Massachusetts. It is public and nobody can say how many people go there, so more and more go every year. The past is gone and there is no way to bring back what it once was. I reminisce about it often as do others who remember. If I had the opportunity to keep it what it once was I would.

But I digress... I wouldn't be able to list all the people I spent at least some time with at Haspin, we all know who each other are and we all know what we have there. It doesn't take long for most to see what it is and immerse themselves such as Nico did. To those I didn't end up speaking to, we will meet again. Thanks so much to all who camped with or near me and all who I shared the park with for the week. It's never a disappointment!

And thanks so much to Jonny Swinehart for feeding me more than once and just being fantastic company!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I went to TF 2016 on father's day. Why I have never went that early before will forever elude me I suppose,,,
    What a FINE time on the "hill" ! Many forever memory's to blend in with all the other TF meets I been too.
    What, something like 49 weeks to go now. So much to prepare for already !!!

--
    I missed a few of the official events, but here's my aerial footage of TrikeFest 2016

HTTPS://youtu.be/Vulnb9PxC3E

For those who didn't visit the group picture thread, here's the skypics I got

Last edited by pickup-truckin; 07-07-2016 at 11:43 AM.
    79- 110
    81- 70
    82- 200
    83- 200es
    84- 110, 110, 125m, 200es 200es 4x2
    85- yt60, 110, 125m, 200x, 250sx, 250sx, 350x(storm trooper), missile
    86- 125, 125, klt110, alt125, klt185, ytm225drs
    87- 250sx, 125, 125

(Coolster, wolverine, grizzly, taotao, trail rover, & Baja too)

--
    Only 9 months and 7 more days until Trikefest 2017 !! Or 280 days, whichever you prefer...
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    Is there a post in regards to the "letting go" of Pete and the woman that have always been running Haspins??

I heard, no more trikes at the river, no night riding, maybe some barrel racing but a few broke that deal as well this year with the new team of security.

I didn't go this year, but I heard quite a bit this weekend about the new policies which was a bit unsettling.

Just a question....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    It is sad that Pete will no longer be there, we looked forward to seeing him every year. As far as the events go only time will tell, but hopefully the new security will at least keep the trouble makers in check and not the rest of us. Fingers crossed...
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    Who wants to chip in and buy 50 acres plus for all 3 wheeler riders to enjoy and gather together??

Must have a river within it somewhere :bounce
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post

Must have a river within it somewhere :bounce
    Creek near my place. Goes from basic 3 bike wide creek to 60ft wide slate rock beds to deep river to party islands (long stretches of open ceeek gravel) atleast 10-20 mile ride. Goes from my house, past town, and turns into the green river eventually.
    Drop in is a eigth mile from my parents place.

Awesome local ride, do t think its 3000 people rideable tho lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

mollie8000 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    talked to pete this year and no changes will be made.people that cause trouble will be thrown out.they love the 3ww people and welcome us every year.we are there biggest and best customer ever year. pete told me he be there until he dies.
    Trikefest survivor 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //