//ArrowChat Code
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Trikefest 2016

--
    Point being, night riding has never been permitted at Haspin (see rule #3).

Many years ago, we asked if we could ride campsite to campsite at night if we did it slowly and quietly.
    That extended to night rides to the shoe tree over a decade ago.

Provided people aren't blasting around the campsites at night, I would think they would continue to overlook that rule under the "Trikefest exception."
    As long as we use common sense and follow rule #17, we should still be allowed to shoe tree cruise at night.

Haspin Management makes several exceptions on our behalf.
    Example: The restroom are open all night for TF, they get locked up after 10pm the rest of the year.

Bottom line is this:
    If we follow rule 17, we probably won't be subject to rule 3.
    If anyone has heard news to the contrary, please share details.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    Campsite trash is to be placed in a garbage can before leaving the park.
    This will be my first TF, but I've heard some pretty unflattering things about how that place looks at the end of the week. I am bringing 100 heavy duty 50 gallon trash bags and encourage everyone else to bring some too. If you forget or run out of trash bags PLEASE swing by my truck for a freebee.

I like to leave places better than I found them, gets me invited back every time.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Geeze Elmex, you just gave me a great idea ! Bring the Polaris trike I just gave to my brother in between laural indiana and my home town and do some ecology riding. It would be much easier to do on a auto vs. my 300ex conversion. Been a few years since I showed up on a P-3 plus I could drop it off on my way back home,,, thanks El !

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jeswinehart View Post
    Geeze Elmex, you just gave me a great idea ! Bring the Polaris trike I just gave to my brother in between laural indiana and my home town and do some ecology riding. It would be much easier to do on a auto vs. my 300ex conversion. Been a few years since I showed up on a P-3 plus I could drop it off on my way back home,,, thanks El !

Do it man! I hate when people leave trash behind. Everyone that sees it afterwards thinks the worst of the people that left it there. Wouldn't it be nice if the gossip around the town was that the trikers always leave it cleaner that it was when they pulled in? All it takes is for everyone to pick up all their own trash plus one piece that was there before they showed up. Pretty easy way to make sure the park is glad to have you back.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Do it man! I hate when people leave trash behind. Everyone that sees it afterwards thinks the worst of the people that left it there. Wouldn't it be nice if the gossip around the town was that the trikers always leave it cleaner that it was when they pulled in? All it takes is for everyone to pick up all their own trash plus one piece that was there before they showed up. Pretty easy way to make sure the park is glad to have you back.
    Great post!! We have been through this issue several times.
    Some guys even brought some cardboard trash bins one year.
    Fact is, Haspin has hundreds of steel 55 gallon trash barrels throughout the park.
    People get better about this every year.
    I'd estimate that at least 75-85% of Trikefesters "get it" at this point.
    We've come a long way.

Biggest problem areas are:
    River (off Haspin property) - trash bags are definitely needed there.
    Backbone - there are cans, but with soooooo many people, we could use some trash bags there too.
    Shoe Tree - One 55 gallon drum holds about ~2 hours worth of 12oz aluminum cans. Apparently some very thirsty folks!!

--
    Rolling out in 20 days !!!!
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    I thought I'd share some "Next level" camping advice I learned this year. Go out and buy your ice a couple days before you leave and throw if in your freezer. Store bought ice is very warm (relatively speaking) compared to ice in your freezer, and the colder your ice starts, the longer it will last. Keep those beverages cold people
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    I thought I'd share some "Next level" camping advice I learned this year. Go out and buy your ice a couple days before you leave and throw if in your freezer. Store bought ice is very warm (relatively speaking) compared to ice in your freezer, and the colder your ice starts, the longer it will last. Keep those beverages cold people
    Great tip Joe,,, I didn't realize there was much a difference.
    I normally freeze a case of bottled water .

--
    I watched some Haspin videos this weekend. Looks like there are some good dirt biking areas out there. I've also seen some dirt bikes in the back ground in some of the photos posted on here of past TF's. Just wondering if there are any enduro riders that bring bikes to TF as well as trikes? If so I might try to pack a little differently. Please let me know if your into doing some trails on 2 wheels that week.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    If you have butter bowls in your cabinet ( and who doesn't ) fill them with water, and freeze them. If you only have 1 bowl, start freezing early, pop it out and keep doing it. Make enough to line the bottom of your cooler. If you have a good cooler they will last almost the entire week.
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    Here's one I learned from Mr. Clean in the desert a few years back.

Freeze an entire case of bottled water.
    Intermix the bottles in your coolers with your food, water, and other beverages.
    Use them as ice blocks in "trail coolers" and drink them during the week, as needed, in various states of thaw.
    Bonus: doesn't leave water behind to make your food soggy.

loshe191 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160602_184022.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	232332
    I think the trikes are ready now everything else.

--
    I won't be in attendance this year due to a work related accident that left me with 4 broken bones in my left foot, and a fractured vertebrae in my lower back. I was looking forward to nothing more this year than trikefest.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierlogger View Post
    I won't be in attendance this year due to a work related accident that left me with 4 broken bones in my left foot, and a fractured vertebrae in my lower back. I was looking forward to nothing more this year than trikefest.
    Heck Greg, you don't hafta do anything while there,,, may be the best place to recuperate.

--
    Seriously Greg ,,, I'll bring you a very comfortable p-3 to use all week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160515_165040.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	232337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160515_165028.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	232338  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //