//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Husqvarna Tri-Cross 250

--

Husqvarna Tri-Cross 250

DETAILS
    The latest Husky uses a 250cc, five-speed, manual clutch, reed valve engine. It's bolted into a motorcycle-type chromoly frame with a special triangulated swingarm that allows for long travel without excessive height. A single, remote reservoir Ohlins shock suspends the rear end, while Husky-made 35mm telescopic forks cushion the front end. Grimeca front and rear hydraulic disc brakes provide the stopping power. Goodyear tires are mounted on aluminum rims. Controls are by Magura. Suspension' travel is 81/2 inches at both ends, and its weight is 230 pounds with a half tank of fuel. This is almost 40 pounds .less than a Honda ATC250R!

I didnt find anything about this trike on here so I decided to post this.
    Above is copied from a Dirt Wheels Magazine article.
    Never heard about it.
    Dirt Wheels article: http://www.quadpit.com/mags/1982/stories/husky-dw.html

--
    They made a few prototypes, Tracy Dickson raced one of them in 1982, but they never went into production nor did any of the prototypes challenge for major race wins so the Husky effort faded away with little fanfare. I do not believe that 230 pound weight claim for a minute, the Husky 250cc 2 wheeler was heavier than that and its very unlikely that added a heavy steel axle and a extra tire and wheel is gonna reduce a machine's weight.

Sano looking bike but no top riders ever got to race one so who knows how well it went on the track.

--
    Nice looking machine, never heard of this either. 230 lbs sounds sketchy.

Nevertheless, it would be sweet to get your hands on one of the prototypes. That would be a rare find.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    If someone has contact info for Tracy Dickson he would know where the prototypes ended up if anyone does.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Neary View Post
    If someone has contact info for Tracy Dickson he would know where the prototypes ended up if anyone does.
    Sounds like he needs to get on 3wheelerworld and share his knowledge with us.

--
    i think most of the racers are to old and grumpy for this series of tubes we know as the internet, i was ten years younger than most of them and im closer to 50 than 40 :P

--
    There are pics of it on the site because I have seen them. I think someone was scanning Mags a while back.

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	husky.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	226332
    see if this works

--
    How about the Husqvarna Tri-Auto, Dirt Bike Magazine February 1982

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350xtrike.rider View Post
    DETAILS
    The latest Husky uses a 250cc, five-speed, manual clutch, reed valve engine. It's bolted into a motorcycle-type chromoly frame with a special triangulated swingarm that allows for long travel without excessive height. A single, remote reservoir Ohlins shock suspends the rear end, while Husky-made 35mm telescopic forks cushion the front end. Grimeca front and rear hydraulic disc brakes provide the stopping power. Goodyear tires are mounted on aluminum rims. Controls are by Magura. Suspension' travel is 81/2 inches at both ends, and its weight is 230 pounds with a half tank of fuel. This is almost 40 pounds .less than a Honda ATC250R!

I didnt find anything about this trike on here so I decided to post this.
    Above is copied from a Dirt Wheels Magazine article.
    Never heard about it.
    Dirt Wheels article: http://www.quadpit.com/mags/1982/stories/husky-dw.html
    the weight claim is true...when I striped mine down the first thing I did was weigh the frame and swinger
    Gordons Well...#1 in this World, Home of "The Nick", "The Mutt", "The Husq" and "the Alky"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //