//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Suzuki enduro project

--

Suzuki enduro project

Picked up another project this evening. 1982 DR250Z.

Previous owner dropped a valve, so it will need some engine work. I'll drop another crank and rod in. Along with new piston, rings, and head work. Didn't really need another project, but couldn't pass it up for $50

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

--
    Sweet find for 50
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    I like old bikes....so many out there

--
    That babies got trike conversion written all over it...
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    It would make an interesting conversion project. I'm just going to make a runner out of it. I need a trail bike to ride with my son. I've been looking into some of the enduro events. They look challenging, but fun. It's been years since I've ridden a dirt bike. At least now at 44 I can afford the nice safety gear.

--
    Can't beat the full floaters! Nice score.

--
    Took the head to my local motorcycle shop to have them start the rebuild. It has one bad valve guide where the valve dropped. They don't have the ability to replace the valve guide, or just didn't want to mess with it.

So I either need to source another head, or find a shop that can tackle the rebuild. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can send the head?

--
    Send the head out for a 4 stroke builder. Shops wont touch that because 1st off they do not know how and 2nd its too old they do not have manuals.

There are a number of head builders out there.

http://www.kb5ind.com/engine.asp
    http://fastheads.biz/
    https://www.dicksracing.com/motorcyc...e_head_rebuild
    http://www.tomzontracing.com/services/

I use KB5 for suspension. I'd use them for almost anything because I've seen and talked with he owner a few times...he's been around the game for many years.

I had shortline10 rebuild a 200x head for me on this site. You may want to send him a PM also. This is prob right up his ally.

--
    I take mine to an automotive machine shop. I have taken them some obscure stuff and they have always done me well. C&P machine is where,i go. In fort Wayne in. Not Texas but it's a step in the right direction.

--
    I'm sure your local dealer will have someone they go to.

--
    My local dealer had a shop they could send it off to, but they specialize in racing heads and would be cost prohibitive. Jmoozy27 has me hooked up with a shop in Louisiana that does his work.

I've got a rod and crank on the way. Gasket set coming too. Once the valve seals get here I'll be shipping it all out.

Working on the carb today to see what parts I'll need for it. Also giving the gas tank a vinegar soak.

Not much info out there on this particular bike. More so on the later model DR's. Anyone have any experience with this model? I believe this bike is considered a long stroke. More low end power?

--
    Disassembled and cleaned up the head today. Smoothed out a little damage from the dropped valve. Luckily the seats don't look damaged. Put all the rusty parts in my vibratory cleaner and they came out looking great. I believe I'm going to attempt to replace the valve guide myself.

Had to do a little improvising with my c-clamp and pipe cutter.

--
    Looks likes a good setup, glad to see you grabbing the bull by the horns...
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Hey, if I'm ever going to be "that old man down the street that can fix your bike" I better start now.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //