//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New to 3 wheelers by accident..

--

New to 3 wheelers by accident..

Hey guys!

I went to a friends house to pick up an xr 50 dirt bike for my kids along with that dirt bike a FREE 82 185s followed me home as well. The 185 is ugly, it has lawnmower tires on all corners and black paint on the fenders. It also has a cool plastic tank which I was told is an upgrade. My buddy gave me a new carb he had for it and said if it don't work get rid of it. Well, the carb worked and aside from a little smoke she runs like a champ! I can't believe how good it actually runs considering how rough it looks. Now I think I'm hooked and I'm picking up a 110 from my uncles farm also. The 110 looks really clean but its been sitting for a good 15 years, it turns over, so Im hoping she won't take much to get her going as well.

For the 185s I'm thinking of a front shock upgrade, new tires, an exhaust and a rebuild kit for the cylinder. I downloaded a repair manual for it but I'm sure I'll be on here with questions.

Thanks for adding me to the forum!

Morgan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6503.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	226087

--
    Those mower tires have to be a blast to sling around on!
    1985 ATC350X
    2002 BANSHEE
    2000 WARRIOR

--
    Cant argue with free!

--
    Free ? Your lucky . Does the engine run good ? ( had to edit this I just noticed my phone messed it up )

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LegendaryTriker; 01-24-2016 at 01:35 PM.
    1985 Honda 200x
    1984 Honda 200x ( 185s Engine )
    1997 Kawasaki KX 125

Things change, doesn't mean they get better.

--
    I think how it runs is more important than it looking pretty. I think you got a good deal.

--
    FREE is my favorite word.

--
    It was pretty fun to ride but far from where I wanted it to be. So I sold it off for another project.

It's an 81 110 everything is there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Been making some progress restoring it. Ordered new tires, carb, seat cover, oil. Going to get the tank cleaned out at a radiator shop if I can. I sand blasted the wheels today to prep for paint.

--
    a neighbor had one of these back in the day. you'll haver her looking good in no time. have fun and look forward to seeing more pics.

--

New to 3 wheelers by accident..

Thanks! Can't wait to post progress. Tires came in, but I'm waiting on the gaskets for the wheels. I'm planning to paint them tomorrow. Then I can mount my new Cheng shin tires. Original size 22-11-8.
    If the radiator shop dip takes the paint off the tank I'll need some stickers for it. Anyone know a good source for those?

--
    Got the tank back from radiator shop! Looks nice inside. Plus tires, 2 piece wheel gaskets and air filter came in.

--
    Painted the wheels and installed new tires today.

--
    Today carb came in and I got her running. My suspicions were confirmed The case has a leak on the left side on the bottom. I guess I need to pop the motor out and put a gasket in there. At least she runs! Also a little screech in the rear. I think the brakes might be hung up or bad rear bearings? Now for more paint and prep.

--

--
    Only been 2 weeks and you made a lot of progress!

The first machine almost looks like someone was trying to build a flat track racer out of it, but I think a larger gas tank wouldn't be in the list of upgrades for one.

Not to try to spam my business or anything, but I could make you a reproduction harness if you are going the restore route, new vs 30+ years old never hurts anything. I don't have a template for that machine made, but I think I have a 81 or 82 parts 110 I could base it on.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //