//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hoosier is making the normal Tri Trac rear tire again?

--

Hoosier is making the normal Tri Trac rear tire again?

18x10-10 Hoosier Tri Trac rear tires seem to be back in stock or i am just very confused.

https://www.hoosiermidatlantic.com/p...m?InvKey=81515

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hoosier-ATV-...hWlTSw&vxp=mtr

poohbee1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    they don"t show a very good picture in the ad . Its a inch wider in the middle than the old ones.18x9x10 https://www.hoosiertire.com/pdfs/pbnew10tritrac.pdf

--
    Well they don't say NOS. that would be awesome if they are cuz my original tri trac's are getting dry rotted.

--
    Damn. I'm about to be out $250 because there is no way I'm not buying at least one set. Plus the cost of a pair of 10" wheels......I need a second job.

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

--
    I ordered a set last night, i will post pics once they get here (tracking says that will be on the 26th).

Better pic from the Hoosier website - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HRT_16110T10.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	226101

--
    To bad it wasn't a harder compound.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jays375 View Post
    To bad it wasn't a harder compound.
    They have a hard compound available-
    New 10” Tri Trac Available for 2016
    The new 10” Tri Trac Tire will be available in two compounds for 2016. It will be available in the
    RD20 and RD30 compounds for blue grooved track conditions. This tire will be suitable for
    higher performance on track conditions where other softer compounds will fade. Tires will be
    available January 4, 2016 for purchase. Below are the complete specifications:
    Item
    Number
    Tire Size
    Tread
    Width
    Approx.
    Circ.
    Recom.
    Width
    Section
    Width
    Compounds
    16115 18.0x10.0-10 9.0” 57.0” 9”-10” 10.5” RD20, RD30
    For more information or to place an order, contact your nearest Hoosier Racing Tire
    Distributor. A complete list of locations can be found on our website,
    www.hoosiertire.com . And follow us on Facebook (www.Facebook.com/HoosierTire),
    Twitter (www.Twitter.com/HoosierTire) and Instagram
    (www.Instagram.com/HoosierTire).
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Now where are the front tires?..LOL
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    Now where are the front tires?..LOL
    X2 That would be awesome.
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Farrow View Post
    X2 That would be awesome.
    If that happened, I would purchase a updated tire groover, Jackie Meadows style!

--
    This is how im gonna groove mine, best tires.....ever

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tri Trac.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	226104

@jays375 - They have them in the 30 compound...those are hard as rocks (work awesome in loose stuff once grooved). Most everyone used the 20 compound..they had the 05 but it was marshmellow soft and would rip apart on anything but wet clay.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Neary View Post
    This is how im gonna groove mine, best tires.....ever

Name:	Tri Trac.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	226104

@jays375 - They have them in the 30 compound...those are hard as rocks (work awesome in loose stuff once grooved). Most everyone used the 20 compound..they had the 05 but it was marshmellow soft and would rip apart on anything but wet clay.
    Did you groove those and did you come up with the pattern?

I can't believe you didn't bend the crap out of those hubs, I tacoed a few. (I see a Ohlins too)

--
    Yeah i grooved all my own tires except the time i ran HardLine fronts that Terry Varner was selling for Quads in the very early days when there was next to nothing for front tires.They where Pirelli tire meant for some Euro box micro car that he would groove up, worked awesome.

Name:	Hardline.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	226106

Needed one of those $300 high end groovers to make them and i never had one of those, i did all mine with the crappy little $70 type...nice work out for the arms.

I never had trouble with hubs or race grade axles but i DNF'ed a ton of races by flat spotting rear wheels once we moved to the 10 inch wheel..cost me the world championship in 86 at Riverside..still finished third with a flat rear but i was gonna win by half a lap if not for that dang flat.

--
    So the 30 would work well with tracks that are more dirt?

--
    @jays375 - Only if you groove them, the big triangle blocks normally will wanna get up on top of marbles and float but if you add a few 1/4 inch opening in them they bite right in and are hooked up.

If you have ever followed like F1 racing you know the second the track even semi dries out after a rain those guys go right for the slicks even if its a huge risk because of damp spots. Its like that with a three wheeler when riding MX...if you go with a knobby tire you will lose so much time in like the fast sweeper turns there is no way to make it up in the couple loose sections.

I used them in pretty much every race i rode in 86. (please excuse the Quad pic)

Name:	img295.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	226108

Even loose tracks like Glen Helen id use them with good results.

Type of groover id use, they would wear out every couple months and stop getting hot but we used the crap out of them. They cost like $70.

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	226109

The reason the 30s work better in loose stuff is the same reason sand tires for a motocross bike are a hard compound, its so the knobs do not bend and so you do not lose their sharp edges in the first ten minutes of use. You can get half a season out of a pair of 30 compound Hoosiers, i did.
    Last edited by John_Neary; 01-16-2016 at 10:00 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //