//ArrowChat Code
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Custom 350x

--
    Even doing 95% of my whole 350RX build myself, it probably wouldn't bring half of the $$ that I have into it.

Your learning and enjoying the build and that's how you should look at it.

We are seeing more and more conversions being built that are race and trail ready with OEM and AM parts available.

That's your competition IMHO...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I'm building a 73' ATC 70, sold it before I even started putting it together for $3259, I have added up what I have in it now with parts, paint and powder coat and I'm just over $3600 with no labor. LOL Bryan Ditches 350x is well over $6000 with no labor cost to him, you don't make money on custom builds. I enjoy it, that's all I get out of it. IMO Mike Palmgren is one of the few people that does the quality that can demand the money out of these to make a little , but I'm sure the love of doing it is what drives him.

--
    Hey Oscar, maybe you should move this thread to the Financial Advice Forum?
    It sucks to get old

--
    with all due respect for what youve got done... 23 pages spread out over two threads and this thing doesnt have a motor yet?

sittinguy is offline Titanium Balls Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Looks good, my first thought on selling it is,,, DON'T. No one will love it as much as you. Your hard work, your vision. If someone has 5k to throw around, then of course they have a few more to build one just like they want. Anything is possible.
    I had a NOS rear 85 fender that I held onto for 15 years. Finally decided to sell it. I wanted $2000 for it. I got so many nasty emails from haters on ebay. But I waited and someone finally hit the buy it now button.

Go with a 36 tooth rear sprocket. trust me.

I spent WAAAAAY more than 5k on my showgirl, and that was almost 20 years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails phpyYEo5tPM.jpg  

--
    any updates on this build?
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    waiting on zinc plating of the mount bolts to be completed. once they are done, I will mount the engine. I was working on an oil cooler mount, but realized I needed the engine installed to confirm where I wanted it.
    carb attachment to throttle is completed, but need a different carb spring as it is way too stiff.
    installed levers and front brake line as well as some lever grip covers.

for those wondering, don't worry, this build is going exactly as planned and costs are exactly where they need to be. my only goal is to build one heck of a running trike for some lucky person to enjoy.
    Last edited by oscarmayer; 08-25-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    I forgot to add, we have a tank. I tis being polished. it is a stock sized plastic tank in white for it. we decided against the oversized ims because for an MX trike it will be in the way of moving around the trike for cornering and such. I did not want the stocker metal because that can get hot and radiate heat on the track which will make the rider hot as well as heat the fuel more than I like. (alloy is different but stocker metal tends to warm up) if I could have found one, I would have loved to install a short track tank on it for MX but there was not one made so stock sized plastic is the ticket. this is a old school plastic tank so should fit well and look cool when completed.

--
    Too much rattlecan work & clashing colors, but otherwise looks like it will be a super clean bike. I'm guessing it will go for around 2400-2800$ tops? Anyone would is wanting to dish out cash on a high dollar, clean 350x, is going to watch it as clean & original as possible. This bike has obviously been built, to the owners taste, without buyers in mind. Not trying to be mean, just honest.

2016 Can-Am Outlander XT 1000R
    2001 Yamaha YZ 125
    1985 Honda ATC 200M w/ Hi/Lo

--
    hows the build going?
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    not too bad thanks! sorry I typically post more on FaceBook than here on my project.
    will be mounting the motor in the frame early NOV. so that will let me do final fitment of the new oil cooler and how to run the some lines and such I am waiting on.

--
    So I got the bolts re-zinc plates by Onformula1. Thanks buddy! Awesome work!!

I mounted the engine over the weekend and test fit everything. It is gonna be awesome!!!

Once everything is complete and we get a 3lb weight to mimic fuel weight in the tank, I am gonna set the rear shock pre-load per specs so it sits right and will handle jumps and such.
    So far everything is coming together nicely!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    You and Milner are a disgrace to the community. This bike should be seized, sold, and the funds generated divided up amongst the victims who you and Milner have ripped off.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    You and Milner are a disgrace to the community. This bike should be seized, sold, and the funds generated divided up amongst the victims who you and Milner have ripped off.
    your attitude and harassment is a disgrace to the community. I have not done anything wrong to anyone. to attack me with such hate for NO reason is in itself terrible acts of racism against someone whom does not agree with your opinions.

Thank you for showing your true colors.
    your now blocked...

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    your attitude and harassment is a disgrace to the community. I have not done anything wrong to anyone. to attack me with such hate for NO reason is in itself terrible acts of racism against someone whom does not agree with your opinions.

Thank you for showing your true colors.
    your now blocked...
    I do strongly dislike you, don't use the "H" word.

We're both Caucasians.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //