//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom 350x

--

Custom 350x

I am building a custom 350x trike. Here are the specs.
    Customized frame and now accepts 450r footpegs.
    Trx450r rear swinger
    Crf450r forks (polished)
    Trx450r rear shock (Milnerized)
    Custom foot pegs
    Frame and other parts blue
    Swinger and some parts white along with white body parts and IMS large tank.
    38mm mikuni carb
    Customized airbox
    Tons of custom

What do ya'll think on these options.
    350x takeout motor in mint shape with new oil deals ready to run or a rebuilt 350x with 12:1 piston and heavy duty clutch set?
    This trike is being built to sell so I need maximum $ for it. What would be best? More power or new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oscarmayer; 01-17-2016 at 04:20 PM.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Looks awesome man! Definitely rebuild it with the high comp and HD clutch!
    Last edited by 350xtrike.rider; 01-17-2016 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Wording

--
    Looking good, you won't want to sell it when it is finished.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Maybe, but I have too. It will buy Austin his new frame and some parts we need for our projects.

arlaunch is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I think building a bike to sell is an absolute loosing proposition.

Unless it is pure OEM of course.

If that is the case i would think the original non messed with motor would be the way to go. That way if problems develop down the road...( literally) You can say it was untouched.

IMHO.

1984 Honda Big Red ATC 200ES (Emma)
    1985 Honda 200X ATC (Pretty Boy)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Dr. Fast)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC ( 77 )
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Baller)
    1986 Honda 350X ATC (Go Go Girl)

Feed Back: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-arlaunch

--
    Quote Originally Posted by arlaunch View Post
    I think building a bike to sell is an absolute loosing proposition.

Unless it is pure OEM of course.

If that is the case i would think the original non messed with motor would be the way to go. That way if problems develop down the road...( literally) You can say it was untouched.

IMHO.
    Well, I guess it depends on what you paid for a truck load of trick parts.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Don't Mikunis eat dog to jet??

You'll have way too much $$ in it to sell it......
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Part it out for maximum money.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    Well, I guess it depends on what you paid for a truck load of trick parts.
    Huh? No it doesn't.

If you got a great deal on a truckload of trick parts, it becomes even more obvoious that the best profit would come from parting it out.

For future reference: Buy low, Sell high.

What's happening here is very likely: Buy low, invest more time and money than you care to remember, then sell at or below market value because you need to recoup the cash fast.

There are VERY few markets where complete customs will make you any money. Ain't no jesse james here.

--

Custom 350x

Well we shall see. I am doing it right and hope someone who has $ wants a nice custom trike.
    Anyway I appreciate your input but let's keep this about the build not what ya think about selling.

Reason for not parting.. Simple. I want someone to enjoy a trike not a bunch of parts.

--
    I really like what you got started and will be following this thread. Who did the frame mods?
    Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    2003 Polaris Predator 500
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

--
    I just don't let money be a factor. I get everything I want, when I want it.

Everyone knows I sell near nothing. Normally, I just give it to you. And the guys that want my custom sh!t don't wanna pay for it at 35$ an hour Machine shop.

I bet I have 30K plus in machines and tooling. So, tool your own crap....

Go down to your local machine shop and get some price..... So, I'm not making anything for anyone who isn't in my "really good club guy".

All this crap I have NOS or very nice used if I needed to sell I could.

Just bought a new 35MM Air Stryker 35MM carburetor for the Blaster conversion. I'm just finishing a few things 1st before I start chopping it all up.

In the future, there will be a 450 build, I'll just have to scratch my buddy and friends back!

I believe onformula1 is helping him. From what I gather he seems to be a great and intelligent person.

He's also the ONLY one to reach out to me a couple times we when some BS went down, and we were on the same page.

I look forward to speaking with him soon.......
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I believe Jason Hall did the frame and triple trees.
    Last edited by oscarmayer; 01-21-2016 at 03:40 PM.

--
    ordered the dog bone piece of the suspension and it should arrive soon! Milner (onformula1) is reworking the true TRX450R rear shock and making it into a remote reservoir style shock so we can move it to the other side of the trike and out of the way like the stock shock had.
    I ordered some extra pieces and will be getting a custom swing arm piece done to be able to have a sleeve that goes all the way across the swinger since there is no engine it will mount through. that will allow it to stay solid and remain secure w/o the sleeve moving during operation.
    once I get those 2 things done, then it should be solid and ready for more work. will be installing a LSR axle, and bearing carrier. Will be using the TRX450R rear brake assembly and rotor assembly. Front will be a 10" wheel with rear tire and CRF450R front braking system. Still trying to decide on the levers and such. will be using the Yamaha 250 dirt bike reservoirless rear master for the it. Got a nice SS fatty xlr400r header that I will use for it.

decided to go with the 350 rebuilt motor with the upgraded clutch and 12:1 piston. will also invest in a web cam. stage 1 so I do not have to worry about rockers and all that at this time.
    Last edited by oscarmayer; 01-21-2016 at 03:39 PM.

--
    Here goes the wordnado again...

Sorry but when you fairly well abandoned the last two builds that got no further than a frame I kinda lost the ability to accept that this wont be another waste of time on the readers' part. Your builds tend to have mountains of discussion and speculation but no outcome. It's exhausting. We often hear more about your personal life than we do about the build we are trying to follow.

I know people will damn near burn me at the stake for this post and I obviously do not care. I truly wish you the best of luck on this project and hope to see the talk turn into something special this time. Maybe this post can be as intended, a motivator, instead of being incorrectly perceived as negativity.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //