//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feeler - Race Wire Harness for 85-86 ATC350x (no lighting)

--

Feeler - Race Wire Harness for 85-86 ATC350x (no lighting)

I have a template setup from a member here ordering a race harness for a 350x, and was wondering if anyone else would be looking for one as well. I'm looking to run a batch of 5-10 of them. If you want to vouch that you would buy one (or more), please post below. I attached photos of how theirs turned out.

Looking at $55 each + $3 shipping. I can give a slight discount for more.

Thanks for your interest, I'm targeting to have the run done in 1-2 months to leave plenty of time for the other harnesses I have queued up.

For a push button kill switch, this one should work well or a normal tether one will work: http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detai...0-KZ3-L30.html

Specs about the harness.

• White with yellow stripe wire is not used in the harness, headlight, taillight, and regulator are not used.
    • CDI, Coil are wired for OEM location
    • Kill switch wiring is a bullet male + bullet female and does not use the hand bar switch. From my understanding this is a common layout for kill switches/tethers. You will need a Normally Open kill switch (open circuit for run).
    • OEM colors are used for easiest troubleshooting with a service manual
    • 18 Gauge Wire (standard size) and made in the USA
    • Wire spec is GXL which is resistant to high heat, oil, chemical, and mold resistance (commonly used in automotive engine compartments)
    • Terminals are high quality Japanese
    • Tubing is a nice thick yet flexible PVC which is resistant to sunlight, weather, chemicals, oil, and mold
    • Terminals hand crimped (B style) Same style as OEM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Race Harness Diagram.png   DSCN3158.JPG   DSCN3159.JPG   DSCN3160.JPG   DSCN1241.jpg  
    Last edited by ps2fixer; 01-29-2016 at 09:54 PM.

frankydodo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I remember buying a 185s wiring harness from you last year. And i was amazed with your work! Free bump for a true wiring genius!

--
    Thanks for the bump and feed back =). Talking about the 185s, I should adapt it to use my newer style of of making harnesses.

--
    I need one for my current build! building a MX 350X trike.
    current harness is hacked up and I need a better one, or do you sell the pars to build your own? meaning can I buy all the connectors and white from you so I can custom mount stuff in different locations? if so I may keep the lighting coil and just get your standard 350x harness and do it up my way. everything on this frame is custom and so the connection points will be different.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    ps2fixer does a great job. He has made one for my 250R (82) and my KLT160.
    "See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it quiet-like. "

Trikes:
    1982 Honda ATC250R(in process), 1984 Honda ATC110, 1984 Honda 200s, 1985 Kawasaki KLT160(not running...yet)
    Quads:
    1990 Suzuki LT250S, 2013 Suzuki LT-Z400, 2014 Honda TRX450R SE

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    I need one for my current build! building a MX 350X trike.
    current harness is hacked up and I need a better one, or do you sell the pars to build your own? meaning can I buy all the connectors and white from you so I can custom mount stuff in different locations? if so I may keep the lighting coil and just get your standard 350x harness and do it up my way. everything on this frame is custom and so the connection points will be different.
    I could put together a kit if you want to go that route. You will need the tools for the crimps though. The 350x coil uses flag terminals, and I haven't found a good tool for that yet, just a crimper I modified that was a wire stripper with the crimps at the end. The CDI terminals require a different crimper as well, so 3 tools needed. You can bend over the crimps with pliers and solder, but that isn't common practice and I don't think it would hold up nearly as well.

http://www.cycleterminal.com/crimp-tools.html

First crimper ETC005 is for bullet terminals
    Second crimper is ECT41 for the CDI terminals
    Don't really have a suggestion for the flag ones. You could put normal spade terminals on instead which the first crimper can do.

The terminals, connectors, wire, and tubing as I kit would probably be around $30. Just a heads up, first time making a harness will probably take you 6-8 hours or so to complete depending how experienced you are with working with wires etc. Always make things longer than needed, you can always trim down later.

I can do custom orders, but I'm not real positive on how I can get the harness measurements for your application. Maybe take some string and run the main stretch from the kill switch connector to the tail light plugs, then tie on strands where the CDI etc need to come off and measure each point and post a photo? I'd make everything at least 1/2 inch longer than measured to be sure it reaches w\o issues. If it is just an extension in a segment, that is a lot easier to work with.

I do have a bit of a collection of orders currently, which is why I was posting a "feeler" since these harnesses won't be made for a while. I just received a supply shipment, so I'll be able to finish some orders up this week, I have been giving 2 months as a est of when I'll be finished, but that is allowing me extra time than it should take.

@Dirtweed

Thanks for the feed back as well. You wouldn't happen to know someone with a KLT250 harness would you? I'm trying to reproduce one for a new member here.

--
    ok, hrmm well I defiantly need one of these harnesses then, if you I had you relocate some of the parts would that work?
    I will take a photo and edit where i want everything to lay out at. Sorry not meaning to be difficult I promise!!!

--
    The biggest thing I'll need are measurements to know where to stick the wires out at. I have the wire diagram and a base template to work from. Photos would help explain how much the harness needs to be modified from the factory layout. Custom harnesses by nature are difficult .

--
    ok give me a couple of weeks to get to that point and i will get you photos and even tape where i want to put the parts.

--
    Not a problem at all, there is no rush . I'll wait for the photos and try my best to work with you on this.

So far I haven't had any interest in the no lighting harnesses for mx/rade/drag application. Maybe I should target making the run as complete harnesses since I'm catching up on orders quicker than I thought.. I finished 8 yesterday that were waiting on a supplies shipment and were already 90% or so done. Now I ran out of Green wire, gah I'm blind lol. That order should be at my house middle of next week. Have 4 harnesses queued up yet, 2 which require locating a source harness to copy.

--
    Small update on this, I finished the custom race harness I was making, so updated the first post with photos of how it looks. Notice the 4th photo only has the ground wire (green) in the white connector. Is not required, but helps ensure a strong ground threw out the system.

Also a side note, the red connector in the same photo was special ordered. I haven't seen that connector anywhere in red and my supplier was nice enough to require a somewhat small order to do the custom color, but I do have a life time supply now .

--
    awesome! did you mark where the kill switch would plug into? I am going to install a Tether on mine as the kill.

--
    i will look at my frame this weekend and tape the electronic parts where i want them to be. well actually, everything is going to be up under the seat beside the air box all on the opposite side of the exhaust. Would that work so we know where to put the cdi and stuff? The coil will be somewhere near stock location.

--
    As long as I can get some sort of measurements I can make it as close to your specs as possible . I do have an 86 350x, so a photo of where things are going (zip tied on if needed for temp display), I can get a pretty good reference point on my machine, but it is complete so might be a little tricky to get solid measurements vs a stripped or semi-stripped frame.

The kill switch wires are the green and black with white strip wires coming out where the frame ground eyelet is. In the 3rd photo, it is the top connectors. I could put a label on each section when I make yours if you want.

--
    I do. It have the stock mounting points so I can zip tie them to the frame is how I plan to do it. (Race style)
    So if you can just make the kill switch wires longer and the rest of the stuff fit under the fenders next to the frame above the foot peg area (but top of frame) that would work. I guess the engine harness would need to reach too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //