//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Field Find 86 350X

--

Field Find 86 350X

Purchased 3 Yamaha YZ's from nice family for $200 and this 86 350X. It's been left out for awhile so I power washed all the crud off. No sticking valves and it seems to have compression. This might be a parts machine as they couldn't find the title and the frame is bent.........how bad I don't know yet. Tires seem fine. I over inflated them just a tick to give them some shape. There seems to be a lot of usable parts.

--
    you got a freaking deal...that's $2000 on this side of the coast all day long for all that if not more not running yet.

--
    Can I put dibs on the hub extenders and outside toolbox mount bracket if it is there? Sweet score!
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    How complete is the 350x? There isn't too much that goes wrong with them, as long as it is more or less complete.

Don't know much about the Yamaha's, but if you end up parting them out, I might be interested in the worst shape harness (assuming the layout/shape is intact). I'd be just using it to build a template.

--
    Thanks guys for the imput. I have found over the years Honda engines are very resilient and very forgiving. I'm fairly sure with the typical "love" this will fire to life and run like the dickens. I want to try to get it running and free up the brakes a little.

The yz125 runs and the wide ratio yz was purchased new by the owner and needs a little love as well to get up and running. The other yz250 might end up being parted out and selected for some parts. It's the one pictured below.

--
    Ahh you was posting photos, mozilla picked up photo bucket as an attack site (like a phishing site) for some reason.

Anyway, that 350x is in really nice shape, shroud plastic, maybe a replacement rear, a seat cover, and of course get it running and that machine is worth $1000+ easy if there are no major problems. They go for around $1500-2500 in that shape with the "repairs" I mentioned.

Oh notice the gas tank was missing it's cap, pretty sure it is a clark tank, you can get a new gas cap from them yet, I think it was around $14 when I had to order mine (my gasket was missing). Front part of the tank infront of the fill tube it should say clark.

--
    the plastics tank on the 350x is worth more then you paid for all of that crap. Man you guys have clean bikes out there...my 1 ride redone bikes look worse then that.

--
    You better not part that 350x out! That motor has low hours on it, you can tell by the amount of paint left on the side of the engine case! If you dont want to restore it sell it to someone that will cuz like @oldschool83 said, the ripped up plastics is worth more then you spent on all the bikes.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    Ahh you was posting photos, mozilla picked up photo bucket as an attack site (like a phishing site) for some reason.

Anyway, that 350x is in really nice shape, shroud plastic, maybe a replacement rear, a seat cover, and of course get it running and that machine is worth $1000+ easy if there are no major problems. They go for around $1500-2500 in that shape with the "repairs" I mentioned.

Oh notice the gas tank was missing it's cap, pretty sure it is a clark tank, you can get a new gas cap from them yet, I think it was around $14 when I had to order mine (my gasket was missing). Front part of the tank infront of the fill tube it should say clark.
    You have a good eye ps2............ It's a Clark tank. What's more is that i don't think gas has ever been put in it before. There's no real evidence inside. It's a little hard to tell due to the leaves but when you blow things around......it looks like a new tank.

My guess is is that it was flipped....someone got hurt or spooked.....then parked there and forgotten. Maybe someone came by to do some cursory work...a new plastic tank cause the original was damaged. Why the broken shroud was put back on I don't know.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350xtrike.rider View Post
    You better not part that 350x out! That motor has low hours on it, you can tell by the amount of paint left on the side of the engine case! If you dont want to restore it sell it to someone that will cuz like @oldschool83 said, the ripped up plastics is worth more then you spent on all the bikes.
    Yea oldschool is correct. And you correct. That there is little wear on the engine cases.....usually a sign of not a lot of use. And of course the Pro Vectors P/V's are original and don't look all that worn as well.

The only reason why I was flirting with the parting out was really the frame. Cause now that I've done some cursory investigating I feel it will run woth little effort. I'm going to look more into the frame situation in the near future. Then there's the axle which all near certainty is probably bent....again not sure.

--
    If you part I need the fenders for my 86. Please message me.
    Keep on Triking!!!! "I am the NIGHT RIDER!!!"

RIP Ninja!

Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-thestud25

Trike Fest 2011, 2012 Vet!
    Founding member of the Haspin 6ft Bats Club!!

Trikes Currently Owned:
    87 Big Red 250es
    86 Kawasak KLT110. All documentation, bought from original owner.
    83 Honda 200s
    81 Honda Atc 70
    (4) Suzuki ALT 50's
    Yamaha YT 60

--
    Wow! Please don't part that 350 out.
    There is one near me with an asking price of $1700 that doesn't look that good.

--
    It looks like you need to find a Tri-Z roller, project!
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    It looks like you need to find a Tri-Z roller, project!

You read my mind

--
    It's a little difficult to get the full scope of how it might be bent.....the frame. Based of these pics it appears to be limited to the end of the subframe. Everything else seems straight and the front end looks straight. I guess there could be a slight shift elsewhere but the frame would have to be jiged for a better examination.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160201_141947.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	227194

Name:	20160201_141937.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	227195

Name:	20160201_141926.jpg