//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 14tooth sprocket and 350x case saver.

--

14tooth sprocket and 350x case saver.

I have been searching all afternoon and I cannot find a straight answer as to whether the stock case saver on the 350x can be run with a 14 tooth front sprocket? Can't anyone put this to rest for me? Some say it works, some say it doesn't. Thanks.

Matt
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    The case savers that I make for the 350x you can run a 14 tooth front sprocket, I was running that set up before I sold my '86 350x. Out of the 100 or so case savers I have sold only one customer has left feed back stating that it could not be done. I thought it was the kind of chain he was using. I was running a did o-ring chain, had to have the front sprocket on the chain with the case saver placed in the middle of the chain and slide everything in place at the same time.
    Hope this helps
    R.I.P. Sandpuppie, you are greatly missed!
    May you rest in peace Jeswinehart, deeply missed, never forgotten....
    Feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ight=tapper190

--
    I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but I know for a fact that a 14T will fit on an '85 R with the stock case saver.

--
    Hmmmmm thanks for the replies fellas. Maybe I just bit the bullet and buy a 14 tooth and see if it fits. Just horrible buying from the states at the moment with our weak dollar, also the eBay international shipping calculator is always way overpriced. A lot of ebayers use that thing like gospel and won't give you a proper quote. I mean $70 AUD to ship a front sprocket? I don't think so! Cheers.

Matt

--
    YES!! I have had to trim the case saver a bit.

If you have bad swingarm/axle bearings don't go 15. If your a maintenance guy and everything is in great shape, a 15 is fine.

15 fits, bot no guard, just the cover and the oil orifice is right where a thrown chain on a 350X makes a hole.......

I think I run 14/38, could be 36 though as I run 20" rear tires.

I'll look tonight when fkn around.

Use a GOOD set of sprockets and ensure from the guide to the chain you are 100%.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Wanted to only go 14 really not a 15 but by the sounds of it I would have had no joy. Ended up paying through the nose for a 36 rear sprocket so I can run the 13 front and case saver with my 20's. Hopefully it works ok for me!

Thanks.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //