//ArrowChat Code
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: One year upgrades! 1984 ATC500X

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I think I would try and rebuild the 185s engine but thats just me.

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Ok well back to the 500 haha....
    12t sprocket made a massive difference! Launches hard and wheelies like a champ haha... my gopro was dead so o didn't get any footage but I'll probably get some footage at my parents farm this weekend. I'm stoked!

--
    This thing is stupid cool! Looks really good in the 2nd gen frame!

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by plevib View Post
    Ok well back to the 500 haha....
    12t sprocket made a massive difference! Launches hard and wheelies like a champ haha... my gopro was dead so o didn't get any footage but I'll probably get some footage at my parents farm this weekend. I'm stoked!
    Get footage!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Saying "it's the trikes fault" is like saying "guns kill people"
    don't poke the bear... you'll get banned

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160505_000546.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	231265

Name:	20160504_235144.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	231266

Name:	20160505_000554.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	770.4 KB 
ID:	231267

Got the brackets done for the headlights! It looks sweet a s they're crazy bright! (They're crooked cuz they're not tightened down all the way) Testing them on the trail this weekend!
    Last edited by plevib; 05-05-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    Thexy

--
    Hey!?! Wheres our promised footage???

--
    Thats a cool build. Looks almost factory made.

--
    Did plevib die on it or something? I mean seriously we haven't heard from him since may 5th.... just wondering

--
    Not dead. Just extremely busy..... didn't end up going out to the farm for footage, and now I'm chasing down a spark problem. Hopefully I get some time to dig into it more in a couple weeks. There's a race on June 11th I'd love to make it to, but I don't know if I'll have a machine together
    Being an adult sucks! If any one needs me I'll be in my footie pajamas playing with Legos while watching GI joe....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plevib View Post
    Not dead. Just extremely busy..... didn't end up going out to the farm for footage, and now I'm chasing down a spark problem. Hopefully I get some time to dig into it more in a couple weeks.
    hopefully it's just somethin easy to fix. Hopefully you can get to the race and get footage that way...

--
    She lives!
    I have no idea what the actual problem was. I tore apart the whole wiring harness, replaced a couple connectors that were probably fine but I wasn't totally happy with, and put it back together and it came to life. So in conclusion, I don't know what I did but I'M GOING RACING!

--
    So yup. Got to the races and lost spark again. But I finally found the problem! Fur reel this time! Haha

Name:	20160624_130227.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	232943

I never touched the pickup coil when I built the motor, but I've learned my lesson. I will check every single bolt on an engine that Is unknown to me. .....
    I'll finish putting it together tonight, hopefully ride it this weekend without any problems! .....hopefully. ...

This project has been fun, but has had way too many headaches. Hopefully I'm working the last of the kinks out!

Thanks guys for the encouragement and advice in this build!
    Atc 500x for the win! (Hopefully.... one day)

--

Name:	20160705_213102.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	745.0 KB 
ID:	233328

Yup...... that's the cam.... I did get about 3 fun hours of ride time on it before the cam sprocket bolts worked loose. Well I have a new cam and I'm tearing the engine back down to flush the little bits of metal and I'm going to loc tite EVERYTHING going back together. I had no idea this motor would rattle itself apart so bad! Anyway. As usual I'm tearing it all back apart 4 days before a race haha. .. hopefully I'll get to race.

Anywho, I just got new forks of the unbent variety and a mikuni vm34 to install when going back together. I'm fairly happy with how it's running but I think this carb will work better. Pics tonight or tomorrow!

--

Name:	20160712_223255.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	233349

Name:	20160712_220811.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	233350

Name:	20160712_181006.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	875.8 KB 
ID:	233351

New carb. I like it much better than my pj knock off (it was free) I'm ticked off at the ebayer that I got the forks from. He shipped them with one upside down in the box. I know the box probably didn't stay right side up but one fork was fine and the other leaked all the oil out.... for this race I'll just put more oil in it but it's kinda irritating.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //