//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual, Purpose Built 250Rs - build thread

--
    Hey Tim, is the swinger refinished too?

I'm about to bead blast mine when I do the frame but I can't find a definitive answer on a best match to OEM color gold paint. Which did you use?

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

--
    Hey Iron - This is a plus 4 swinger built by the late Rodney Lewis Jr. He had is PC'ed out in Cali when he built it. I am not sure of the color he used. I am having my minus 1 PC'ed locally right now (and wheels too) - I will post pics and color info when I get those parts in hand.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    Hey Iron - This is a plus 4 swinger built by the late Rodney Lewis Jr. He had is PC'ed out in Cali when he built it. I am not sure of the color he used. I am having my minus 1 PC'ed locally right now (and wheels too) - I will post pics and color info when I get those parts in hand.
    Tim, would you mind posting some close ups of the swingarm, I have heard wonderful things about the late Rodney Lewis Jr., I never got to meet him and shake his had, but I heard he had mad fab. skills!
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    Tim, would you mind posting some close ups of the swingarm, I have heard wonderful things about the late Rodney Lewis Jr., I never got to meet him and shake his had, but I heard he had mad fab. skills!
    Sure - I'll get some photos posted up witin the next couple of days.

--
    Here are some pics of the Rodney Lewis Jr Swingarm - it's a plus 4.

And now a question. I bought oversized radiators for this bike. Upon installing one of them, I see that the bottom corner of it touches / presses against the radiator mount / ring type frame that hold the rads in place and the shrouds mount to. Not too sure what to do about it. If I leave it, it will wear a hole in the radiator for sure. I'm thinking maybe put a piece of rubber between the two. I'll get pics of that tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160306_144651.jpg   20160306_144734.jpg   20160306_144700.jpg   20160306_144713.jpg  
    Last edited by atctim; 03-07-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Looking FANTASTIC.

In my humble opinion, ditch the OEM chain slider and get a TM designworks. It is worth the extra expense.

--
    So this is getting to be a one-step forward three-steps back type of build, just what I didn't want. I have addressed and fixed the oversize radiator fitment issue with some hand made small aluminum brackets. I also found out I am missing parts for my 86 Durablue rear axle. I have 2 85 axles, and I thought I had an 85 and an 86 (luckily I had an 86 in the shed, but it is missing some parts - Grrrr) I'm going to have to buy one of Durablue's new brake hubs for it = not cheap at all! The wheels just went out to the powder coater so as soon as they come back I can get this one on 3 wheels and pull the big motor from the other frame and put it into this one. Then I can get the rest of the TT bike tore down for powder. As I mentioned this build will not be super fast - so long as they are both done by Trikefest. That said - I better get my butt in gear. I sincerely hope the other bike goes together better than this one has. I do have everything for the other one - so no finding out I am missing parts. It was a complete bike to start with. The Dune / Drag bike will have 86 rear end set up and the TT / Flat Track bike will be an 85 rear end setup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3ww.jpg  

--
    That thing looks sweet Tim!!! I love the color scheme. What forks and triples are you using?
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    That thing looks sweet Tim!!! I love the color scheme. What forks and triples are you using?
    Thanks!
    Jason Hall First Gen triples, CR 125 forks. JTS Customs brake hub adapters.

--
    Regardless of how fast it is getting assembled, it's looking good during the process.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    I'm just over here waiting on parts from PC and the interwebs. This weekend the Hetrick built ESR330 will be mounted into "Arnold". Meanwhile "Danny" is stripped down and off to PC. My wheels should be back from PC soon. I can't wait to see how they look on the bikes. It's like Christmas every evening when I go out to the garage. I'm kind of beside myself for how this bike is turning out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160322_225148722.jpg  

--
    Sweet build thread man. Gonna be a beaut!
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--
    OK - so over the weekend I cleaned up both motors with a toothbrush and kerosene. They were really filthy - mainly from exhaust spooge. Both Danny and Arnold had black spooge leaks due to broken / missing expansion chamber flange seals. Once cleaned I removed the reeds / cages from both. Arnold would not start for me after Pine Lake's race last year. Upon further inspection I found a big chunk of reed missing. Danny is missing pieces from the corners too. I went ahead and ordered up new cages / reeds from V-Force today. I also went ahead and ordered 2 new PWK 39mm carbs after what I saw and found amazing on my brothers bike. He ordered a PWK39mm carb, and we replaced his old PJ with it. It was "pre-tuned" for whatever that is worth. Once on the bike, it started perfect, idled perfect, and had excellent response through the entire band bottom to top. Nothing needed even 1/4 turn adjusted. 100% perfect. I hope I have the same results with mine. His is stock reeds / cages, stock bore, and ESR pipe. We shall see how it goes with a Sonic II pipe and aftermarket reeds on Danny. Danny's cylinder has been cleaned up a bit, but not really any "deep" work done. Arnold will get the same carb with the 330 big bore and the Kenny Roberts Big Bore pipe. We shall see. More to come soon!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails arnold-reeds.jpg   danny-reeds.jpg  
    Last edited by atctim; 06-06-2016 at 10:54 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    I also went ahead and ordered 2 new PWK 39mm carbs after what I saw and found amazing on my brothers bike. He ordered a PWK39mm carb, and we replaced his old PJ with it. It was "pre-tuned" for whatever that is worth. Once on the bike, it started perfect, idled perfect, and had excellent response through the entire band bottom to top. Nothing needed even 1/4 turn adjusted. 100% perfect. I hope I have the same results with mine. His is stock reeds / cages, stock bore, and ESR pipe.
    Behold the understated elegance and simplicity that comes with running a STOCK Honda 250R. That Keihin PWK came jetted at 160/60. Stock cylinders make strong usable power after you bolt on a couple of the right parts. I'll sacrifice a couple HP for rock solid reliability. That's today's lesson, now back to the build........

--
    OK all you port and polish people - tell me about the job on this ESR330. Isnapped this picture prior to installing my new reeds. BTW - V-Force III reeds are now screwless - ie no screws holding the pedals to the cage. I think this is a good thing, so long as they hold together. Also - check out the warning label on this R. It is a Canadian bike (the VIN tag is pop riveted to the neck - not stamped in the frame like the USA bikes). I should see if Bruce can replicate it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160330_194913737.jpg   IMG_20160330_211959022.jpg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //