//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual, Purpose Built 250Rs - build thread

--

Dual, Purpose Built 250Rs - build thread

This will be my build thread (blog) for 2 - ATC250Rs. An Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Devito "Twins' kind of thing going on. As I get older and more impatient, I've become more inclined to not particularly like constantly changing the set up on my bikes to accommodate the riding / racing I will be doing. MX , TT, Ice, Dunes, Trails, Hill Climbs and many many more. I've decided to purpose build 2 ATC250Rs one for Dunes and Drags, and one for TT, Flat Track, and Ice. So basically tires changes will be once a year and otherwise they are all set up. I have also told myself that I am not going to hap-haphazardly throw these bikes together under tight time restraints. I'm gonna do it at my pace with no deadline set (except done before Trikefest 2016). That said I have been acquiring parts for a long while now. I have nearly everything I need to build these two beauties.

My Vision: Bike #1 - Dune / Drag bike. Plus 4" custom swingarm by Rodney Lewis Jr (RIP Buddy), OEM plastics, Inverts / Custom Triples, Fast Flexx Bars, Baja Light setup, ESR330 motor, with Kenny Roberts pipe, Oversized Radiators. Paddles will be fitted and run almost exclusively unless a drag strip is hard clay. Bike #2 VINTAGE Flat Tracker. Minus 1" swinger, HRC Short Track Kit, Lo-Pro rears, Slammed, and sticking with a very vintage theme in both looks and performance. This bike will have a stock cylinder with port work, a Selvy's Sonic II pipe.
    Last edited by atctim; 05-05-2016 at 09:52 AM.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Here is the beginning of what I plan on obsessing on over the next several months. Hopefully she will be rolling around the garage on it's own wheels by the end of the weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20151221_181349.jpg  

--
    Look forward to seeing these two machines back to back.
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Did you say flat track?? I'm all eyes Timmy!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    Here is the beginning of what I plan on obsessing on over the next several months. Hopefully she will be rolling around the garage on it's own wheels by the end of the weekend.
    Please, post some detailed pictures of the swingarm, I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Rodney Lewis Jr, unfortunately I never got to shake his hand.

RIP- Rodney Lewis Jr.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    My Vision: Bike #1 - Dune / Drag bike. Plus 4.5" custom swingarm by Rodney Lewis Jr (RIP Buddy), OEM plastics, Inverts, Baja Light setup, ESR330 motor, with huge honking Garry Crum sized pipe. Paddles will be fitted and run almost exclusively unless a drag strip is hard clay. I think it would be tremendous if my older brother would enter this in the Open Class Drag Race at Trikefest this year. Bike #2 VINTAGE Flat Tracker. Minus 1" swinger, HRC Short Track Kit, Lo-Pro rears, Lowered, and sticking with a very vintage theme in both looks and performance. This bike will have a stock cylinder with port work, a selvy's Sonic II pipe, and a custom hi-back seat.
    Glad to see you posting this up. I went ahead and edited your initial post for you too.

--
    ^^^^Thanks brother - you are probably right ^^^^............. So this weekend I did not get it rolling as I thought. I did not think ahead enough to have my triples and rear suspension linkages powder coated in advance. It was a WTF moment as I sat looking at it being ready to be assembled. This was after my good friend Louis Mielke made the trip to my house to help me with my forks this weekend. Louis shortened my inverts by 3 inches making them very close to stock length 250R forks. We also rebuilt them so they should be good to go for a few years. Louis really knows his stuff regarding these inverted forks and he taught me much about them. Many thanks Louis!

I did get my suspension parts sent out for PC this weekend and if all goes as planned I will have them back someday this week and get this old girl on her wheels. Stay tuned.

--
    OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY! You have my full attention!
    Baltimore---Charm City, or Harm City? Ask Pat.....

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    I did get my suspension parts sent out for PC
    NO NO NO, this is not going to be Politically Correct (PC) build...not going to happen...nope....not going to allow that....nope.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    NO NO NO, this is not going to be Politically Correct (PC) build...not going to happen...nope....not going to allow that....nope.
    Oh trust me - this will certainly not be a Politically Correct build. Just an FYI - I specifically requested my triples and foot pegs to be powder coated in the color of "negro intenso" just to prove my point.

http://bimetica.com/es/ral-9005-negro-intenso.html

another FYI Mike, I am purpose building this bike to run the TF drags in open (a 3rd would make me very happy) then I am sending it West to live out in your territory for a good many years. I'll come visit it as often as I can.

--
    ....Just an FYI - I specifically requested my triples and foot pegs to be powder coated in the color of "negro intenso" just to prove my point....
    because Black Pegs Matter!

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    another FYI Mike, I am purpose building this bike to run the TF drags in open (a 3rd would make me very happy) then I am sending it West to live out in your territory for a good many years. I'll come visit it as often as I can.
    I like that plan, very nice!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	227557

I am sure the trike will appreciate you coming to visit.

--
    Why would somebody do such a silly thing.lol.

--
    I finally got my powder coated parts back (some of them) and now I can finally move forward to getting the Dune / Drag bike a roller this weekend. Soon after that I can start tearing down the TT bike for the frame to get PC'ed. My parts came out great. They are super shiny!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160225_164556.jpg  

--
    I didn't get as far as I thought I would this weekend. Still not a roller. I keep running into needing "little things" I now need new bushing seals for the lower rear shock mounts. It is coming along with the results I desire though - clean clean clean. Here's a picture from as she sits now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 250R-coming.jpg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //