//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Model By Model Year by Year General Notes / Differences

--
    I think you missed the part about the gas tank changes shape in 1981, it is noted from the post I reposed (orig post of this thread), unless you was referring to the image above. I don't think the list includes all changes, because it would be pages long for any major redesign, I think the source was a physical book, so there was limited space to publish the changes, it was just an identification manual to help identify models.

1980 - A First Gen
    Only new decal design. New engine number configuration starting with TB02E~, new model ID system, this model "A"

1981 - B Second Gen
    Fuel tank changes shape, Introduction of the much welcome "CDI Ignition". Headlight changes from round to rectangular. Electrical system switches from 6v to 12v.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200322_024648000.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	269618Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200322_191918000.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	269619

Footy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I realize this is an old thread but I did not see the mention of the change between the downshift transmission to the upshift in 1985. Maybe I just missed seeing that detail.
    Put your butt on the inside fender or end up on the ground!

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    I suspect it wasn't included in the book since it's not a visual difference. I try to make sure I get the shift patterns right on my site though at https://atvmanual.com. Looks like I didn't post the atc110 shift pattern, probably because the service manual or specs book didn't have the info. 1980 ATC185 is an example that does have that info posted.

--
    Hey PS2fixer - its been awhile. Your site is coming along nicely. mind if I share it in my videos?
    How have you been? any progress on that 250sx highbred you wanted to build?

MrC.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

Footy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    "250sx highbred you wanted to build". I would like to hear/see more about that!
    Put your butt on the inside fender or end up on the ground!

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    Hey PS2fixer - its been awhile. Your site is coming along nicely. mind if I share it in my videos?
    How have you been? any progress on that 250sx highbred you wanted to build?

MrC.
    Thanks, I haven't really touched the site in several months at this point. I have basically unlimited amount of work to do on it, but haven't had time. I stepped down from atv harnesses and stepped into the derby community. Lots more sales and I can have a bit more profit per harness, so it's more sustainable. It's a lot of investing to tool up and stock up on supplies though, currently at a $600 loss since the start of the year (been in the derby community for about 10 months).

The ATC350SX project I haven't had time to work on yet. I sold one of my ATC350X's recently, have only one left, so Kind of need to build the SX project and if all goes well, I'm almost positive that would be my goto machine.

Hows your youtube channel been coming along? Also you're more than welcome to share the site. You can use screen shots and such of the site in your video no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Footy View Post
    "250sx highbred you wanted to build". I would like to hear/see more about that!
    Basically here's a list of planned mods:

250sx frame
    200x, 350x, or 200x front end (haven't gotten one yet prices are nuts) (for better suspension up front)
    mid 80's trx250 rear swing arm using the 250sx diff for high gearing (+3 swing arm length)
    trx350d shaft drive engine (normally 4x4), this is basically a 350x top end with a 250es bottom end, but it has an extra gear reduction on the output shaft so it's super low geared which is why the sx rear diff

Targeting to run 25in tires most likely, depending how it handles and the power etc, I might bump up the tire size bigger for higher gearing (top speed).

I like shaft drive machines, but I love the 350x power, so it's a mix of both. Michigan has a lot of mud, chains don't exactly like mud.

I have some R&D to do, but it might be possible to convert the 350d engine to manual clutch, so 350x style clutch and all, but it's all shaft drive. Semi auto trans isn't bad, just slower to rev so acceleration isn't as good (more spinning mass).

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    I stepped down from atv harnesses and stepped into the derby community.
    So you are selling hats now?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    So you are selling hats now?
    Yep, little plastic hats with metal prongs in them =).

I wasn't trying to advertise the other side of my business, but I guess it doesn't really hurt anything.

I have specs posted for some cars including accessory pinouts (wire colors) on my webiste at https://derbyws.com

Most of the action happens in my facebook group, it's also where I've been posting updates on my projects and such: https://www.facebook.com/groups/derbyws

Here's some photos of the harnesses, how much wiring it deletes (derby people like less wiring which in turn means less things to fail), and some photos of customer's cars with trophies, sponsored cars, etc. No one that I've seen makes derby harnesses completely brand new, all of the harness builders takes a "core" harness and modifies them.

It's been about 10 months since I started in the derby side of things, I have around 200 variations of vehicles researched (mainly Toyota and Honda), 256 computer part numbers logged (for computer swaps for security delete and such), and the next order I get will be invoice number 250. I have some big ideas that hopefully will push the sport into newer vehicles more, they are still stuck in the 90's and early 2000's vehicles because around that time is when security started being a problem and it causes a lot of problems.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the photos.

Here's one of the guy's I sponsored this year. He's part of a team of 3. Rear quarter has my group name on it, Derby Wiring Solutions.

Here's another guy, this car is just for a small show. He's having a full door sticker made up with his name number and my business name for a bigger show, but it's being ran in a month or so.

--
    I always wanted to be in a derby.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    I always wanted to be in a derby.
    If you want to try it out, demo derby (smash em up, last car moving wins), grab a Camry 1987-2001 and they are pretty easy to build for a "stock" show, and of course I make a harness for them =).

There's also derbies where it's more race based, circle track and such. Smaller cars with powerful engines are normally the focus it seems like. 92-2001 v6 camry, or even into 2002-2006 camry could be good. A local racer runs a 2005 Corolla with a 2zz engine which is stock 1.8L 180hp manual trans 2600lb car. There's also the toyota Echo, it's only a 1.5L like 110hp car, but it's only 2020lbs stock. Power to weight ratio is a big factor.

I drive beater cars in the woods, jump them, etc, but I don't go in derbies because there's a lot of back problems and bone problems in both sides of my family, don't want to take the risk. Racing/circle track would be interesting though, it's full contact, but there's not super hard hits normally. The cars last a lot longer too.

Anyway, here's a couple in car videos to give an idea what the ride is like. This first one seems to make a lot of driver door hits, that's normally frowned upon, but I'm more used to compacts like camry, those look like full size rwd v8 cars. Guessing it's like a limit weld or full weld class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ECbEnxd7do

This looks to be a similar class but for compacts, pretty sure the car in the vid is a camry or camry platform, sounds a lot like the 5s-fe engine at least. They aren't known for big power, just those engines can take the heat well. You can see him pushing cars around, that's what really kills the transmissions on them from what people have told me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3bdo36_DeE

Here's a "W Body" which is a GM car platform, should be 3100 or 3400 engine. A lot of people say carb them and hot wire the coil pack, you can hear just how crappy it runs (base timing they are so slow to rev, it's limp mode to the max). Pretty sure the carb is way too rich, flooding out the plugs when hot. There's people that build nice carb setups the actually run well, those cars hold up pretty well but need a lot of prep to fix a lot of factory issues on them. They are a lot more expensive to get into for the better stuff, stand alone harnesses aren't cheap, then need a tuned computer to delete the security system. The Toyota's worst case is a computer swap, maybe engine harness swap with the computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGemWt384Cw

Anyway, I created a new thread over in the off topic area for the derby stuff just so we don't clutter up the atc section of the site. I posted more of an update of what's going on with my business and the direction I've been headed lately, some side projects and such.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...71#post1528771

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //