//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Storing NOS Tyres.

--

Storing NOS Tyres.

Just wondering the best way to store NOS tyres? I have a set of NOS original ohtus from a 350x that I want to keep in good condition for the next 10+ years or so I guess. I was thinking in a cool dry place in a black garbage bag with no air, will this stop the onset of dry rot?

Matt
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    And arc welding creates lots of UV light and ozone. So don't keep tires in the same room if you are going to arc weld.

--
    Cheers. Have read a lot o the subject but there is so much BS out there it's hard to decipher what is right and what is wrong. Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    You can not stop the natural aging process but you can get some of those bags for clothing that you can vacuum the air out of and put them in those and throw some desiccant in with them, then put them in a cool place and cover the bags to keep light out.

If you want to take a risk, you could get a non silicon based rubber conditioner that does not contain formaldehyde, however, those also have chemicals that clean the tires and I would be hesitant to use them, especially on ATC tires because I doubt that those have a blooming agent like Automotive tires do, and if they don't, the tire conditioners cleaning agents might do some harm in the long term.

--
    Yeah fair enough. Guess I'll try the no air in a bag trick. Seems the easiest thing to do really.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //