//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Sun Faded Kill Switch Vs. Rit Fabric Dye -- FIGHT!!

--

Sun Faded Kill Switch Vs. Rit Fabric Dye -- FIGHT!!

Hey Everyone, just wanted to post the results of my Switch Dyeing project. I had scoured the internet and found a few references to this but never any pictures of the results. Below are my results. not bad at all I think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1463.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	227434Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1462.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	227435

--
    Holy shyte that looks great!

Did you wipe it on and of or did you soak the button for awhile in the dye?

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

--
    just like you were dying fabric, boiled water on the stove, added the dye and stirred to disolve, took the pot off the heat and put the switch in there for about an hour total. it looked good at 1/2 an hour but I left it in longer. I had tried to get the switch completely off. but that didn't work out,

--
    the Dye package didn't specify the amount of water to use, just said enought to cover the fabric, so I probably had 2-3 cups of water and the packet of dye, I poured the Dye into a bottle after I was done to use on another switch.

--
    Yea those kill switches are nearly impossible to pop off the switch. Two screw drivers on each side and hope the middle shaft don't break. The very bttom has a hole I suspect for releasing the solid tab it locks on, but I never had success getting it out that way.

On a new/not 30+ year old switch, the screw driver trick works pretty well but it might scratch the housing a little if not careful.

It does look like it turned out well.

--
    I have found the liquid RIT dye seems to take even better than the powder.

Nice work, it looks great.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    I have another one to dye, I Think I'll try the liquid on that one, Thanks for Letting me know!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //