//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250R gear shaft seal--question

ATCT is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

250R gear shaft seal--question

So I have a fairly decent leak coming from the gear shaft seal (I believe that's what it's called...see pic w/ shift arm removed). I've never replaced this seal before. Is this going to require me removing the engine and taking the side case off?

If I have to remove the engine, I'm half considering having someone do it as I don't have a lot of time at the moment and kind of want to get this thing running great before I take it out. I might even consider putting on the 300 kit I have at that point. So question 2: anyone in the Phoenix area you can recommend who might be willing to do this and not charge me an arm and a leg?

I appreciate the help. Here's the pic.

1984 Honda ATC250R

--
    Yeah pry it out with a pic or small screwdriver (pry it out without damaging to the case or shaft), spray it with carb/brake cleaner and get it set up,

Use the 3 corners of a baggie and lube it up. Slide seal over the clean parts and use a socket or tube to pop it in.

Make sure it isn't bent.......
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Thanks, appreciate it. Bushing ordered. Gonna give it a shot.
    1984 Honda ATC250R

--
    If you can't get it out by the means DC suggested, you can thread a coarse self tapping sheet metal screw into the seal being careful to leave some of the screw head out to grab with a pair of vise grips and pop it out. And be careful not to run it in too far risking galling of the housing.
    Last edited by RIDE-RED 250r; 02-08-2016 at 08:53 PM.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Good idea. Thanks.
    1984 Honda ATC250R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //