//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: tecate crank bearings option

jonolanracin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

tecate crank bearings option

Since i cant find oem crank beari gs which option is best to use?

--
    The best ones to use are All Balls. I have an extra set I'll sell you for $40.00 shipped

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

jonolanracin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thanks for the info im just getting info now.i got to finish my tri z and z50 before i get ready to buy lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Drive View Post
    The best ones to use are All Balls. I have an extra set I'll sell you for $40.00 shipped
    Not meaning any disrespect at all, but certain parts (like crank and trans), I personally don't like to use all balls.

Your not in motors too much once they are rebuilt so I'd look for OEM or the numbers/letters on the bearing itself.

Many bearings are common in sizes.

These are solely my personal preference......
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Looks like OEM bearings are no longer available. I've been thinking about rebuilding my 1st generation Tecate too. You might try LA Sleeve, you get the bearings and seals for a decent price. Here is the link: http://www.lasleeve.cc/index.cfm?eve...product_ID=891

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    I should have a few new old stock Kawasaki crank bearings for the 84/85 Tecate . . If you want them I would sell them for $42.00 each . . No they are not cheap, and the All Balls ones 3 Wheel Drive has are half as much but I don't know where those are made, however, I'm sure he will gladly give you the numbers and letters on them if you ask him and you can research the mfg.

If you want the ones I have, let me know asap because I have someone else that wanted them but they haven't committed to them yet, and they understand that they may no longer be there if they finally decide they want them.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Something I can tell you about the OEM bearings is that when I was doing the development testing on the Tecate's for Kawi, I put around 200 hours on one set on the prototype, and they were still in xlnt shape when I did the tear down inspection and they could have gone for a lot longer.

When I did the endurance testing on the next version, which was basically the first production model built, we put 100 hours of wide open running on two bikes at the same time . . After the testing was done, Kawi gave it to me to race with, so I took it and checked the gears and threw a new piston in it and had Harry Klemm port the cylinder and make a pipe then raced in the Pro class many times with the same bearings and clutch, and the only thing that ever wore out was the clutch, lol.

I used Kawaski 2 stroke oil the entire time.

--
    When I get home I'll post the bearing info, I'd even do 30 shipped on them. This box said it's compatabe with kx250, kdx250 and a few other dirt bikes. If you look on ebayyou can still find oem kx bearings that will work too.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Drive View Post
    I'd even do 30 shipped on them.
    Why, did you find another engine you "need" to buy?

--
    I don't remember for sure.. But I used to think that cr500 bearings interchanged and were an upgrade.. Don't hold me to it.. I think it may have been a 9 ball vs 8 ball kinda thing.. Or 8 ball vs 7 maybe.. Idk.
    Last edited by cr480r; 02-14-2016 at 12:24 AM.
    2-stroke lover

--
    Quote Originally Posted by cr480r View Post
    I think it may have been a 9 ball vs 8 ball kinda thing.. Or 8 ball vs 7 maybe.. Idk.
    You are correct. CR500 main bearings have 1 more ball compared to CR250 or ATC250 bearings, yet their dimensions are the same. Whether the dimensions are the same as Tecate main bearings, I do not know.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Well sorry guys. I should have done some research before I posted. CR bearings DO NOT fit any tecates.. They do fit 87-01 kx250's so that's where I got mixed up.. For years I had foolishly assumed that all kx250 from 78-04 used the same main bearings.
    2-stroke lover

--
    Thanks for all the info but i got lucky and found a kawi dealer that still have alot of them still in stock

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    I should have a few new old stock Kawasaki crank bearings for the 84/85 Tecate . . If you want them I would sell them for $42.00 each.
    oops...had a dyslexic moment, the price was supposed to be $24.00 each or best offer.

--
    Moose bearings are of very high quality for engine builds. I've used them exclusively
    in many high perf tecate engine builds and all are still performing perfectly yrs down the road.
    They are made in Japan and drop right in when frozen and cases are warmed evenly in oven. Many all balls
    are sourced from china and would not recommend due to soft races and improper tolerance. Pay
    attention to crank ends where seals ride. They will develop groves where seals ride. And have crank properly
    set up by reputable builders such as crankworks.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //