//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 86 cr250

--
    Why am I not surprised? Honda is dropping tons of parts across the board and at 10K for a new bike the vintage marked has become HUGE.

It looks great, that's a 1991 CR250 plate.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    I love the forks on these bikes.
    2-stroke lover

--
    Getting there!

If you're looking for a place to spend some money consider upgrading to a set of 1-1/8" bars. Your arms will love you for it.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Getting there!

If you're looking for a place to spend some money consider upgrading to a set of 1-1/8" bars. Your arms will love you for it.
    I don't think Ricky Johnson or David Bailey would agree on this vintage bike.

The Renthal gun metal grey high CR bend was all the rage.

Nico, you have to remember this bike has better forks than your Katoom. Boom!!!, I am hear all week folks. (Nico just joking,,, not really)
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

--
    The seat is going to Hi-Flite for a professional install because I did a hack job on it. I'm thinking of going blue/orange tiger striped cover. I really need to find a clean subframe. This one has been broken and rewelded once upon a time. Rob Selvy is doing a custom taper bored carb for me right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    The seat is going to Hi-Flite for a professional install because I did a hack job on it. I'm thinking of going blue/orange tiger striped cover. I really need to find a clean subframe. This one has been broken and rewelded once upon a time. Rob Selvy is doing a custom taper bored carb for me right now.

I always say, make it your own. But I really like this look-

http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/look-b...-1986-honda-rc

Taper bored carb?, more info, PJ?

--
    That bike is beautiful. The carb is a newer Mikuni TMX off of a 2001-newer cr250. He says it picks up dramatically down low where I want it, over the pwk carbs.

--

This is right out of the cnc machine ready for the lathe work.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    That bike is beautiful. The carb is a newer Mikuni TMX off of a 2001-newer cr250. He says it picks up dramatically down low where I want it, over the pwk carbs.

Well, I am just going to stay quite... I respect Rob a lot.

--
    My PWK mods, a carb for every season...LOLClick image for larger version. 

Name:	PB210013.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	358.6 KB 
ID:	228782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB210014.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	369.7 KB 
ID:	228783

--
    I'm a big fan of the pwk. I had both the TMX and a 39PWK sitting here. He said send him the tmx. According to Rob, the tmx with the same mods has outperformed the pwk throughout the entire range on the dyno.

--
    Hey, that's cool everyone has their favorite I am more of a "K" or "D" guy. I did notice that Mr. Cleans 200r has a Rob tuned Mikuni.

Note- do not Google- 2001 cr250 carb ....Haha, just playing around. Your in good hands, just goofing around.

--
    Haha, I was skeptical at first as well, and may not be pleased when I get it back, but seeing others use it on his engines, I figured I'd give it a whirl.

--
    I run a TMX on my R. Not taper bored or anything but to me it has way better throttle response and smoother power right off the bottom.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    consider upgrading to a set of 1-1/8" bars. Your arms will love you for it.
    My experience has been quite opposite. Mine are pro taper brand. They were so stiff that they made the forks feel like junk. After a few rides I put them on my trike and went back to 7/8" renthal on my KX. May revisit the 1-1/8 in Twisted Engineering flavor at some point.. My aging wrists can't take the abuse of stiff bars. Maybe I just need newer bikes...
    2-stroke lover

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //