//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 86 cr250

--

I found an old maier rotor guard I bought a few years ago to see if it would work on a Tecate, but it wasn't even close. I think it was for a late 80's early 90's kx125. It fits the CR perfectly, but says kx on the side. I think I can make some "vent" holes where the KX logo is to hide that. I also went with the yellow number plate backrounds. I wanted something a little bit different than white. The jury is still out about the disc guard?

--
    Well, you do have matching grips.

looking good.

Back then the 125 had black backgrounds, 250 white, 500 yellow, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Back then, for cooling the guards were cut off around the caliper
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    That's a dirtbike, nothing like today's hardline stuff. I've always wondered what that the older CR's wouild look like with the last genderation CR/CRF front fender and a white year fender.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    The jury is still out about the disc guard?
    The color is period correct.

Hideous, but period correct for sure.

I blame Miami Vice and surf shop clothing for the neon/hot pink/chartreuse craze in the late 80s. I was not immune either.

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

--
    Going back to my stand-up jet ski days, I absolutely love it. Lol I know it's not for everyone though.

It reminds me of the good ole day's, I just don't want it clashing with the orange too much.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

--

I got the razor out and did some really quick vent holes to cover up the KX logo. It's still noticeable if you knew it was there, but 99 percent wouldn't think twice about it. I still need to do some finish work.

--
    I miss my camo Panama Jack painters cap with flaps

The Haro plate on my Redline 500A was chartreuse and my RL48 had lavender Skyway mags and Uni seat. I still had my CR80 then and it had hot pink stuff all over it too.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    The color is period correct.

Hideous, but period correct for sure.

I blame Miami Vice and surf shop clothing for the neon/hot pink/chartreuse craze in the late 80s. I was not immune either.

I always thought it all started with the body builders on muscle beach- Day glo gennie pants with elastic bottom cuffs, matching fanny pack, tank top & skull cap.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

--
    Have any of you bike guys used on of those universal clamp on side stands? I really want a kickstand so I don't have to find a tree every time I stop to set the bike up against.

--
    Have any of you bike guys used on of those universal clamp on side stands? I really want a kickstand so I don't have to find a tree every time I stop to set the bike up against.
    I had a Malcolm Smith bolt on kick stand on a CR125 that I would bolt on for wood riding, it worked great.

I doubt anyone makes anything for a 1986 they days, but I looked around and some of the kick stands for the 1988 and up CR's should be easy to adapt since they bolt to one sub frame bolt and the bottom chain roller bolt.

--
    I think I'm going to try and adapt a kdx200 stand. I can make a threaded aluminum block easy enough that I can weld to the swingarm. Then I can try out my spool gun that I've never used.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by cr480r View Post
    My experience has been quite opposite. Mine are pro taper brand. They were so stiff that they made the forks feel like junk. After a few rides I put them on my trike and went back to 7/8" renthal on my KX. May revisit the 1-1/8 in Twisted Engineering flavor at some point.. My aging wrists can't take the abuse of stiff bars. Maybe I just need newer bikes...
    The final word is saving your arms and shoulders is Flexx

http://slavensracing.com/shop/fasst-flexx-handlebars/

No they aren't cheap, but the last time I buggered my shoulders it took over 60 days to recover. I divided the cost of the bars and specialized accessories they need by the days I was in pain and asked myself if I there was any one day I wouldn't have paid $10 bucks to make the pain go away. The answer was a resounding "NO"
    It sucks to get old

--
    I haven't personally used these, but those that have rave about them. I honestly have considered bucking up, but I need to rein in the spending on this thing.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    The final word is saving your arms and shoulders is Flexx

http://slavensracing.com/shop/fasst-flexx-handlebars/

No they aren't cheap, but the last time I buggered my shoulders it took over 60 days to recover. I divided the cost of the bars and specialized accessories they need by the days I was in pain and asked myself if I there was any one day I wouldn't have paid $10 bucks to make the pain go away. The answer was a resounding "NO"

I think there is some confusion here when you said 1 1/8" bars I believe he was thinking Pro Tape type bars.

Keep in mind the Flexx bars come in 7/8" too.

Some people love those Flexx bars, I am not one of them... Mike wants to run them on the BAJA 350X in BAJA next year, I am trying to figure out a quick release bar system for when it is my turn to race.

--
    I haven't personally used these, but those that have rave about them. I honestly have considered bucking up, but I need to rein in the spending on this thing.

Trail rides without air shouldn't be a big deal with standard bars. So far two friends of mine have gone to the Flexx bars and they both love them, but the best way I can explain them is to say that you can't tell the difference between standard bars and these until AFTER the ride, or in my case, the next morning. An MX racer might notice a difference during a moto, But I can't tell while riding. If you're not riding steady in rocks, or for less than 3 hours I wouldn't spend the money.

There is a more economical option that I put on my backup bike. It allows the use of the Scotts damper and offers some bar flex.

http://www.enduro360.com/2014/01/24/...ew-ktm-450xcf/
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //