//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 86 cr250

--
    bkm, if you want more flex with your current system just remove the crossbar, I have seen it before.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    I think there is some confusion here when you said 1 1/8" bars I believe he was thinking Pro Tape type bars.

Keep in mind the Flexx bars come in 7/8" too.

Some people love those Flexx bars, I am not one of them... Mike wants to run them on the BAJA 350X in BAJA next year, I am trying to figure out a quick release bar system for when it is my turn to race.
    At the risk of showing my ignorance I always considered 1-1/8" bars to mean the mounting base is 1-1/8" an then tapering to 7/8". Is there another configuration?

You don't like the Flexx bars? Too spongy?
    It sucks to get old

--
    bkm, if you want more flex with your current system just remove the crossbar, I have seen it before.
    Good point, stock Tri-Z bars didn't have a cross bar, but I always assumed that the wider mounts make up for the lack of a cross bar. In saying that I haven't seen a lot of used 7/8" bars that aren't bent
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    At the risk of showing my ignorance I always considered 1-1/8" bars to mean the mounting base is 1-1/8" an then tapering to 7/8". Is there another configuration?

You don't like the Flexx bars? Too spongy?
    I am saying they make Flexx bars in 7/8" that will save you from buying new bar mounts on a 1986 CR

The flexx bars feel to me to have a hinge in the wrong area of the trike or bike. It's a personal thing, I am picky- I use the same bar bend, throttle, front master cylinder, clutch assembly and kill switch on every bike, trike and quad. Now that I think about it....It's a Mental thing! Thanks, Bruce. (Inside joke)
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

--

Old oem foot peg.

New yzf426 foot pegs. They needed a little trimming and a new hole drilled for the spring to set in, but required no special tools other than a hack saw and bench grinder.

--
    Very cool, I am amazed at how few foot peg designs there are, some will fit 5 different brand of bikes, spanding 30 years.

Nice up grade, your arches with thank you.

Back in 1986 all the pegs were skinny, we had to buy extensions from MXA in England and TIG them on.
    Last edited by onformula1; 03-27-2016 at 03:25 AM. Reason: spelling

--
    I put YZ426F pegs on a 94 YZ250. Just grind a little off and they fit nearly everything. Decently built too.

--
    I don't know if they sell frame guards for that bike (sorry, couldn't help but notice). If they don't you can cut them out of a red plastic oil jug. I made a set for a DR-Z 400 for my buddy out of a Prestone jug and put some Thor decals on for good measure. Still looked good three years later when he sold the bike.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pee Pee Bike 009.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	229612
    It sucks to get old

--
    Some people love those Flexx bars, I am not one of them...
    The flexx bars feel to me to have a hinge in the wrong area of the trike or bike. It's a personal thing, I am picky
    I completely agree. My buddy has 5 or 6 sets of them.. He loves them and puts them on everything. I didn't like them because of the hinge action, and they are kinda heavy. I really want to try the TE bars , but so far I've been too cheap to pull the trigger on them..

http://twistedengineering.com/tshop/...oller=category
    Last edited by cr480r; 03-27-2016 at 03:05 AM.
    2-stroke lover

--
    Quote Originally Posted by cr480r View Post
    I completely agree. My buddy has 5 or 6 sets of them.. He loves them and puts them on everything. I didn't like them because of the hinge action, and they are kinda heavy. I really want to try the TE bars , but so far I've been too cheap to pull the trigger on them..

http://twistedengineering.com/tshop/...oller=category
    I wish I had the $ to put them on everything. My shoulders love them.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I don't know if they sell frame guards for that bike (sorry, couldn't help but notice). If they don't you can cut them out of a red plastic oil jug. I made a set for a DR-Z 400 for my buddy out of a Prestone jug and put some Thor decals on for good measure. Still looked good three years later when he sold the bike.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pee Pee Bike 009.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	229612
    Are you saying the frame on this machine may show slight signs of boot rub? I don't think anyone really makes too much for this bike anymore. I was hoping to score some old maier frame guards, but I haven't been able to locate any and honestly the worn frame paint is the only thing really holding this bike back from looking really good. I almost tore it down right after buying it, but it would be nice to actually ride something for once.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    Are you saying the frame on this machine may show slight signs of boot rub?
    Not at all, but a tetanus shot before your first ride may not be a bad idea

Sorry, I have a disorder. I've been known to wash rental cars and top them off with Premium fuel before I return them. I take rags into the desert and wipe dust off my bike with the last drops of water in my Camelback and polish rare silver coins. I need help, I know it, please ignore me.
    It sucks to get old

--
    bkm, I am sending you a couple of parts that will help 1 of the 3 rubbbed areas, per side.

--
    bkm, I am sending you a couple of parts that will help 1 of the 3 rubbbed areas, per side.
    Awesome, thank you. I ordered a new chain slider tonight. I think my first ride is going to be this weekend. I'll have my new gopro ready to record the fiasco. I haven't been on two wheels in over 5 years.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    Awesome, thank you. I ordered a new chain slider tonight. I think my first ride is going to be this weekend. I'll have my new gopro ready to record the fiasco. I haven't been on two wheels in over 5 years.
    Do you have a aluminum guard that goes on the chain guide, it is important or a rock will rip off the guide.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //