//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 86 cr250

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    Do you have the aluminum guard that goes on the chain guide, yours seems to be missing?
    If it's not on the bike it's missing. Do you happen to have a picture of one so I can hunt it down?

--
    I have a couple, I will polish them up because they are scratched up...Proof that they work..LOL.

I will ship them to you.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

--
    I just looked and they are not on there. Thank you so much.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

--
    No problem, they have been sitting in a box for 20+ years, I hope they fit, we shall see.

I really should have labeled stuff.

It is amazing what you can forget after 30 years.

--
    Sorry, bkm those are for a old KX and they are different, I know they came stock on the 1987 CR and up, we would just fab up a plate or use a Malcolm Smith set-up, but that will be hard to find they days.

I still have some stuff for ya.

--
    No problameo brother

--

Looks like tomorrow will be my first real ride. After correcting some issues with a couple of new parts, it runs really good. I love the flywheel weight so far. You can almost come to a dead stop around a corner and not have to pull in the clutch. The torque on tap is really nice.

--
    Have fun!
    It sucks to get old

--
    Yesterday was a great day. I kept the shiny side up and rubber side down. The bike performed okay. It was loading up bad in the trails, which was 90 percent of the riding we did. I'll have to lean it out across the board just a tad.

The riding position isn't optimal for the way I ride. I ride slow and on the seat most of the time. This bike likes to be ridden standing up. It's a racer trying to be used as a trail bike, so I understand it's me trying to put a square peg into a round hole.

All in all, it was a successful and fun trip on my 30 year old scooter.

--
    Nice! You'll get used to the standing part again, takes a couple rides. Now did the gearing feel?
    It sucks to get old

--
    Gearing was okay, I think if I dropped a tooth on the front it will keep me in power a little better.

I rode my buddies 13' KTM 300 and I probably shouldn't have done that. I want to sell everything now and buy one. It was amazing. He had the heavy spring in and it had so much power it was unreal.

--
    https://youtu.be/ogBEdLTNgm0

This was the end of the day heading back to the pits. I'm going to compose a video of me killing it and subsequently MF'ing and GD'ing about 30 times throughout the day.

--
    So, are you looking for more power?, more low end?

--
    The CR has plenty of power. I think adjusting the carb will help considerably with the low end. It was loading up pretty bad. The KTM was just an awesome machine. It's hard to compare the two fairly. Are the powervalves on the CR noisy? It seemed like they made a little rattling on de-acelleration.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //