//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 86 cr250

--

86 cr250

I wasn't exactly in the market for this bike, but I couldn't pass it up for the price. These things never come up for sale around here and if they do, they're usually basket cases. Not to mention I've always thought the 86 cr is one of the best looking motocrosser's ever made. New nickasil cylinder/piston, but tge head has been cut for race gas so I'm going back to a stock head. I don't need nor want another bike that runs on 110, one is enough.

--
    A friend of mine used to have an 86, and bought a brand new '02. I rode them both and thought the 86 was a better bike! I love the 85-87 cr's. Nice score!
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

--
    This is a pretty cool overview of the 86 and how it stacked up against the competition of the time. The 86 was a "Works" inspired bike due to the production rules enacted at the beginning of the 86 Motocross season.

http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/look-b...6-honda-cr250r

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    This is a pretty cool overview of the 86 and how it stacked up against the competition of the time. The 86 was a "Works" inspired bike due to the production rules enacted at the beginning of the 86 Motocross season.

http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/look-b...6-honda-cr250r
    Awesome read! Thanks for the link.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    I thought it was pretty cool myself. I've honestly always wanted an 86 CR mainly because my 250r is an 86, and I always thought it would be cool to have the two wheeled version of my Trike. Or maybe I already have the three wheeled version of the CR? Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    ...Or maybe I already have the three wheeled version of the CR?
    That's why I call my 250R, what I do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rear.JPG  
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    bkm, I have tons of specs and set ups for those, I raced CR 125/250/500 from 1983 to 1993, then jumped ship to Kawi.

It needs a stock CR rear fender, that looks like a universal Acerbis.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    bkm, I have tons of specs and set ups for those, I raced CR 125/250/500 from 1983 to 1993, then jumped ship to Kawi.

It needs a stock CR rear fender, that looks like a universal Acerbis.
    Good eye sir. I have one in my shopping cart on Rocky Mountain ATV as we speak. Along with the front and oem number plate.

--
    I think my first two purchases other than new tires are going to be a flywheel weight and stock cylinder head. I've heard the weight really smoothes out the power on these bikes.

--
    Im also a big fan of the early cr 250s. That bike matches the 85-86 atc very well.Congrats on a great find.
    250r rules

--

I've been slowly adding some cosmetic upgrades and I'm getting ready to do some carb/intake upgrades as well.

--
    Looking sharp!!!
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    awesome!! looking great

--
    That is looking good!

You need to beef up the chain guide for the woods, I will check I may have a good chain guide with the aluminum reinforcement plate. I know I have a nice brake line and master cylinder, that line looks tweaked.

Did you buy a new number plate?, the stocker was orange with back grounds.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Awesome, thank you. The number plate is what Honda now sells. They no longer offer the orange plate.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //