//ArrowChat Code
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 86 cr250

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    I have faith...you will get the metric thing at some point

Bikes back then were weighted on the- "Painfully accurate MXA scales" fully loaded, dry gas tank.
    Metric maybe, the rest of your black art I doubt
    It sucks to get old

--
    Don't worry El, I can't wrap my head around metric. Hell I can't even wrap my head around standard.

--
    Don't get me wrong it is good, I just like a strong disc setup where I can run a high brake pedal so I can wedge my boot under it for control then flip my boot up to lock up for corners.

Notice the drum plate is magnesium, Honda was not messing around in 1986.
    Speaking of magnesium, I'm saving my pennies for the 89 clutch cover update. I'd love to find a set of HRC clutch/ignition covers, but will settle for the Boysen covers.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Metric maybe, the rest of your black art I doubt
    Well, you did fine... and I probably have trouble explaining those kind of things.... I am trying to think back to the beginnings but that was at 4 years old, thanks to my family.
    Last edited by onformula1; 04-27-2016 at 02:07 AM.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    Don't worry El, I can't wrap my head around metric. Hell I can't even wrap my head around standard.
    I have changed over to this- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britis...dard_Whitworth
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

--
    Speaking of magnesium, I'm saving my pennies for the 89 clutch cover update. I'd love to find a set of HRC clutch/ignition covers, but will settle for the Boysen covers.
    I know a buddy that reproduces them in Switzerland, I will check with him I am not sure if he goes back that far.

I need a set too.

--
    The main issue of the stock pipe for off road is they hang very low and get smashed. Plus the ARMA & resto. guys want them.

The problem with the stock Sankei silencer is the ARMA & resto. guys want them and the ATC, TRX guys want them for that Marty Hart look.

This pipe will give you the most bottom end-

http://dgperformance.com/motorcycle-...t.php?pyID=597
    So the DG is a good woods pipe? I guess all the bad things you read are from guys trying to do the exact opposite of what I'm doing here.

--
    Well, you did fine... and I probably have trouble explaining those kind of things.... I am trying to think back to the beginnings but that was at 4 years old, thanks to my family.
    I'm not giving up yet, but I did order a dunce hat to wear during class.
    It sucks to get old

--
    So the DG is a good woods pipe? I guess all the bad things you read are from guys trying to do the exact opposite of what I'm doing here.
    Maybe you would (with Milner's blessing) consider cutting a pipe and adding .4" (10mm) to the head pipe? Just spit balling.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Out of all the pipes you can still buy the DG would give you the best woods performance, but it would not be a whole lot better than the FMF.

Try the torque rings they are easy and cheap and it doesn't take much to make a difference in that area.

Cutting the pipe is a option, but say goodbye to the plating and it is tough to add, it is easier to remove and that can be hard to do because everything gets thrown off.

Your biggest improvement at his stage is port work and a reed spacer. I think you changed the reeds correct? Also making a few shims or a couple of long spacer here-

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/searc...-87/parts.html #28 will put more tension on the power valves so they open later.

--
    I'm not giving up yet, but I did order a dunce hat to wear during class.
    It wasn't that bad, it wasn't bad at all... I do like your measure three times, cut once style. (I wish a few more of my buddies had that gene)

--
    It wasn't that bad, it wasn't bad at all... I do like your measure three times, cut once style. (I wish a few more of my buddies had that gene)
    You're speaking of the genius with a set of spare 48mm SX forks Hey, can we get those to fit on BKM's CR??? I need a buyer Not sure if pink disk protectors are available though.
    It sucks to get old

--
    You're speaking of the genius with a set of spare 48mm SX forks Hey, can we get those to fit on BKM's CR??? I need a buyer Not sure if pink disk protectors are available though.
    You can make anything fit, but those CR forks from 1986-1988 are in the top 10 of the best forks ever made, your WP's are ranked somewhat lower. Jeremy McGrath did you KTM boys wrong!
    Last edited by onformula1; 04-28-2016 at 12:28 AM.

--
    I was able to take it out yesterday and wow. what a difference the right jetting makes. I lowered the needle on clip and dropped from a 410 main down to a 400. I went from 1 turn out to 1.5 turns out on the air screw. It seems to start just a tad easier and didn't load up at all in the tight stuff we were riding in.

I have my 38mm PJ chucked up in the lathe and I'm going to experiment with some different bell angles and tapers, then machine a 36mm stuffer for the carb outlet.

I also machined some of the impossible to find, rear fender collars, out of aluminum. They turned out really nice. One of the beauties of the small Chinese lathe is their ability to make some very small intricate parts.

--
    In light of my normal depression after another Blues playoff lose (it's a yearly thing) I decided to work on the CR.

To the delight of most, I ditched all pink accents and went with the more traditional "Works" disc cover, new oem fork boots, red number plate, correct 250 number plate decals, new shroud decals and Pro-Link decals. I also put a new set of Ricky Johnson Renthal CR Hi-Bends with new grips and levers.

The rear subframe was bent, broken, welded, and bent some more. I picked up a clean specimen from eBay and ned it for the time being.

I installed the Onformula1 lower subframe bolts and machined some more collars for the exhaust hangers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //