//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 85 Honda Big red 250es. Suggestions and parts location help please!

--

85 Honda Big red 250es. Suggestions and parts location help please!

Hi everybody, been lurking for the last few weeks but joined up tonight! I'm in Georgia and looking forward to spring to get back to riding! When I was a teen I had a 200x. But always wanted a big red. Now I've got one I want to get her in top condition.

Just bought an 85 big red 250es Saturday and I need a few bits to get her back in running form. I got it to run on a whiff of spray tonight just to confirm the basic engine but I know I'm going to need a carb.

Where can I buy a carb that will bolt on and run?

Also what size battery do these take and how is the best way to get to it?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

James

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Here is a link to download a manual to hep get you started..
    http://kb0nly.info/ATC/index.php?dir=ATC250ES%2F

Chopsaw is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Bringing them back to life is the most fun for me . Don't be sorry for asking what you need to know . Look over the manual , search the site . Lots of info .

--
    Thanks guys! The manuals are priceless thanks for the link! Any thoughts on where to get a carb?

--
    Ebay.com you should be able to find a good carb off of them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

--
    Dose anyone have any idea with working on an 85 Ytm 200e

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Might try contacting Flyingw on here and see if he has any extra. Have heard good things on his carb rebuilds for the big reds.

Onetrackmind is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Ditto on contacting flyingw about your carb. He can rebuild yours and it will be flawless. Quick turnaround time too .

--
    Welcome to the board James. Post up a pic of your ride. Take some pics from different sides. I'm looking for potential issues so we'll go from there.

--
    I'll post up some pictures soon. Right now I've got the tank and carb off and I'm mocking up a winch mount. Also planning on replacing the lights with led units. Also considering a bigger battery maybe mounting it in the back compartment. I need to look at mounting options in there.

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

--
    Before you install a bigger battery, consider the charge rate of the inverter/regulator. Its charge rate is not much more than a trickle which is about 1/4 Mah. When the recommended battery (BS12) is depleted down to 75%, it takes a couple of hours of runtime to get it back to 100%.

--

djm0242 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Yeah I'd stick to the standard battery. I purchased a brand new 90 or 91 trx300 carb on eBay. The only mod I had to use was a trx300 throttle cable. My bike runs like a champ with no jetting or internal mods. I have great low end torque and more top end. I want to say I paid about $80 for the carb and about $10 for a gently used cable. Super easy bolt on. Welcome to the club!
    79 110
    83 185S
    84 250R
    3x85 Big Reds
    85 200X
    85 ATC 70
    85 Tri-Zinger
    86 200x
    86 TRX 125
    87 TRX 250
    89 TRX 300
    98 TRX 450S
    03 TRX 350
    5 Foreman 500 4x4's
    You can never have enough! ATC250ES is still the best!

--
    My reasoning on the larger battery is adding the winch to the trike. Would be nice to have extra capacity for bad days. The Alt puts out 200 or approximately 14amps. While that won't charge quickly is not bad.

--
    Why do you need a winch? If you get stuck just pick it up

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //