//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1984 200es lost key

Beau is offline First Time Rider Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --

1984 200es lost key

will any key fit?
    if not
    what key switches will plug in and work. I am looking on ebay and they only ones as of right now for the 200es are like $200 an di am not willing to pay that. but other models and years are going for 30 shipped which is an agreeable price.

or what about a toggle switch so I don't have to worry about my niece taking the key out again?

--
    You can take the ignition out and take it to a locksmith and they can make a new key. There is a number on the switch that they can use to make a new key.
    85 Big Red
    83 Big Red
    84 125m
    85 TRX 125
    73 ATC 70

--
    If you take the switch out of the panel, there should be a number on the side of the switch. That number is what you take to Honda and they should be able to cut a key with that number.

--
    Scroll down to the bottom. It shows what other models that key set was used on. http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detai...0-958-680.html

--

--
    Our local Honda shop cuts a new key with the number on your switch...only 10 $
    our original 85 we bought new, 2 - 86 police specials
    250r dust runner
    04 Yamaha kodiaK 450 snowbuster ! Brute Force 750 dust collector .
    Bunch of es stuff I been buying for next builds....
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

--
    I put a lighted toggle switch on my rider, threw the key and switch in the trash.

--
    I adapt Chinese ATV switches to work on these machines. It isn't a 100% perfect fit, for works pretty well. I'm sold out atm on ebay, but they are $18 shipped. I have sold 50+ on ebay with only 1 person that had issues (they ripped the bottom off somehow when installing).

Here is the best place I have photos of them and a bit of a description, I have one left ready to go and it isn't listed on ebay. Shoot me a pm if interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ignition-Key...5WbTst&vxp=mtr

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //