//ArrowChat Code

Thread: My 185 s won't run please help

--

My 185 s won't run please help

Just picked up a 1985 honda 185s has compression and when I pull it starts for a min and spits and sputters but won't stay running anyone have same problems ??

--
    Clean the carb good ! I picked up a atc 200 last week that needed a carb clean and timing re-set... So if you clean the carb and it still isn't running well , Like members told me check the timing . Good luck .
    our original 85 we bought new, 2 - 86 police specials
    250r dust runner
    04 Yamaha kodiaK 450 snowbuster ! Brute Force 750 dust collector .
    Bunch of es stuff I been buying for next builds....
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

--
    thank you for the advice we cleaned the carb but havent checked time will do though thanks alot.

BigRedGrizzly is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Sounds like the float needle may be getting stuck in the jet. Grime builds up on these and they stick a bit. Basically what happens is that it is not allowing enough fuel into the bowl. It is burning fuel at a faster rate than it is being supplied. Before the trike dies do the RPMs tend to pick up?

--
    Is your intake hooked up properly? You need to make sure the air filter is good and in place, the air box cap is tight, boots are clamped tight, etc

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //