//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage tool thread. Post up yours!

TwiZ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    Dang! I thought it could be Will Smith's vice. So much for getting Fresh Prince money for it.
    Or some johnny cash for the right ray price

1984 Honda 200X
    1984 Honda 200S Bonecrusher
    1975 Jeep CJ5

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post

Nice hack saw... i picked one up locally off Craig's list for $25.00 where the heck do you get your blades? all i see are some on ebay but really expensive! I tried to buy some cheaper blades that were about an inch or two longer figuring i could drill a new hole and cut them to size.... lol yeah right, i think they are made of Krypton or something... i couldn't make a dent in them! lol nice saw though.

--
    My older Craftsman Drill press I restored... got it from a guy at work, he brought it in to see if I wanted to use it here in the shop.. I told him no, I wanted to use it at home in my garage... lol
    Had to sand blast the whole thing, put in new bearings and put new bearings in the motor but it runs great... since then i have found a ton of the old accessories that Sears used to sell for it. like the router bit chuck, the planer, the molding cutter, Mortise jig... I even picked up a couple more drill chucks for it as they are really hard to find at affordable prices. but i found a guy through Ebay who buys old tools like these and parts them out. I even have a couple spare Shafts for it in case i bend one.
    It uses a J33 taper and then a threaded on collar to keep it from coming loose. you can even do light (very light ) milling work with this puppy. or flip the head upside down and use the router bit holder and use it as a shaper. they don't make stuff like this anymore, its a total shame. this blows away any of the presses Craftsman offers today. Im trying to get the floor standing version of this from my gun dealer... he has one he says he never uses anymore yet wont part with it.

my little power hack saw...lol
    $20.00 Craigs list find.

Picked up a couple of old craftsman 3/4 HP too motors at a tag sale.. $10.00 for both and they still work great.

Local Flea Market find... the vise was a score as I had been eyeing these on eBay for awhile and found this at the end of the day and they guy didn't want to have to haul it home and back again next week so he was open to a deal...lol

--
    Picked up this Hendey 14x20 lathe on sunday. Has an overhead motor mount, (was line shaft at one time,) 3 and 4 jaw chucks, also a 3 phase motor im going to re install with a vfd. No real tooling with it, but my girlfriends dad is a machinist and owes me some pretty big favors!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1127161038.jpg  

--
    C, blades I got on McMaster
    1/2 way down page

https://www.mcmaster.com/#hacksaw-blades/=15j0rwf

--
    Picked up this old old old pipe bender, anyone ever seen anything like it?? Having trouble with crushing the pipe as it bends. Also, how do I rotate my pics so they ain't sideways?? Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170313_170443.jpg   20170314_141549.jpg   20170313_170412.jpg  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 90nut View Post
    Picked up this old old old pipe bender, anyone ever seen anything like it?? Having trouble with crushing the pipe as it bends. Also, how do I rotate my pics so they ain't sideways?? Thanks!
    I know when we used to get pipes custom bent at work, they'd fill them...Pack them with sand to keep them from crushing in. dont know what they did to keep the sand in the tube though.. some sort of cap?

--
    [QUOTE=czac;.Pack them with sand to keep them from crushing in.

No offense, but that's what I'm trying not to do. Shouldn't have to pack them with sand. I can do that with a horror freight bender! This is as close to a mandrel bender as it gets. I.e. no kinks. And this baby would still crush it with sand in it. Wrapped a 2" dom tube around that die like a piece of liquorice!

--
    [QUOTE=90nut;1446331][QUOTE=czac;.Pack them with sand to keep them from crushing in.

No offense, but that's what I'm trying not to do. Shouldn't have to pack them with sand. I can do that with a horror freight bender! This is as close to a mandrel bender as it gets. I.e. no kinks. And this baby would still crush it with sand in it. Wrapped a 2" dom tube around that die like a piece of liquorice![/QUOTE]

lol.. then you got me. I don't know what you'd have to do to ge it to bend it.. heat it up? lol

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    You might be trying to bend tubing that's too thick. That's certainly a very cool machine, but it's not as close to mandrel as it gets. That's a kink bender. The word kink is right in the name. I used to use modern kink benders made by Ben Pearson when I worked at the exhaust shop.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    That or to thin of tubing
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    It's as close to a mandrel as it gets for the age. And it operates in a similar fashion to a mandrel, locks into pipe rolls around center die, has a "idler" on back side. I tried some dom, conduit, and exhaust pipe. Dom ended the best but it was still in my book unsatisfactory. It literally flattens exhaust pipe. Bent a piece of 1"bar when I bought it, but that is what my roller is for. I've posted it on smokestack and even those guys got nothing. When my neighbor who does custom exhaust gets back from bike week I'm going to have him take a stab at it. I'm only out 4 bills.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Is there a tag on it with a manufacturer, model number, etc? There is a difference between a "pipe" bender and a "tubing" bender.

Try holding your phone horizontal instead of vertical when you take pics. What position was your phone in when you took the second pic?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    No tag, Mark or nothing. Guessing it was at one point ran off line shaft. And I know there is a difference between pipe and tubing. Sometimes my fingers and brain don't collaborate.

--
    Wow, cool pice
    Dunno what I what I would do with it but that but that has never stopped me

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //