//ArrowChat Code
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Vintage tool thread. Post up yours!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    4) ....., don’t trust 3 jaw
    This.... Get yourself a four jaw and learn to indicate it in if you don't already know and that's about the most versatile setup for a lathe there is, in my opinion. I bang on the parts in the three jaw chuck to get the run-out out of it when need be but it's not good to bang on them allot

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I haven't used a 4 jaw chuck in years, but I seem to remember them being a pain in the arse. Unless I never really learned how to set them up(?)
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Few easy ways to do it probably some on YouTube

I just use the concentric circles on body to get the jaws “close” then turn each screw 1 turn till work is clamped.
    Put indicator on it. (I prefer 9oclock facing the work)

Spin by hand to get readings watching the high and low spots. Make sure you are “close enough “ to centered that u are not going outside the range of the indicator.

Once I get the high and lows, I look at the #ed jaws and compare, if 1+4 high 2+3 are low, I would tighten 1+4 and loosen (if needed)2+3, swing again and recheck.
    (Hopefully u aren’t tired and move it the wrong way the first time-I’ve NEVER done that
    Repeat till centered.
    It is pretty easy once u do it a few times

--
    I've got a 4 jaw with it, but will invest in a nice 3 jaw when $ permits. I was looking at a bison chuck, but they're not cheap.

This is a Taiwanese made Jet with hardened ways. The headstock casting where the tumbler lever pin goes in has a little chunk missing. It still functions fine, but is a little sloppy in the forward setting.

It just needs a lot of cleaning and maintenance. It's more of a project right now than a tool.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    It's more of a project right now than a tool.
    My wife told her friends the same thing about me when we were dating.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    My wife told her friends the same thing about me when we were dating.
    I'm sure all of our old lady's think this way.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //