//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 200x Help. Maybe im crazy

Mackus84 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

1985 200x Help. Maybe im crazy

Maybe im crazy, but im in the middle of a complete teardown and cant seem to get this stupid brake linkage/arm off. What am i doing wrong. It spins like if i was using the rear brake, but as far as coming off the frame, It wont budge!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160227_173817.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	228327

--
    For some reason I remember having a similar problem... That spring was holding me up if I remember correctly. Try relieving it from the bracket

Mackus84 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Yeah, i have all that relieved. Spring isnt attached anymore on either end. The arm spins pretty freely, just wont come off its little pivot point. And ive beat the heck out of it with a . I gave up and worked around it lol

--
    Haha to be continued... Good luck man

--
    Heat it with a MAPP or butane torch and it will slide off.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    STILL havent gotten this off! Now that im on reassembly. Ive realized that i NEED to get it off. It spins, but not freely enough that itll allow me to use the rear brakes without them getting stuck... ive heated and beated til my arm felt like cooked spaghetti!!! It spins and come out maybe 1/4 inch at most then nada. Idk maybe i need a bigger BFH haha

--
    Picture is worth a thousand words. Let us see it both pulled out and not.

--
    It's frozen on. WD40 or PBblaster and let sit over night. Next day use a small tourch and heat up and bang it off. That's one of the 1st things I throw away lol. Way better brake setups out there that fit on with little to no mods.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgiabii View Post
    Picture is worth a thousand words. Let us see it both pulled out and not.
    Ok. I just got off work, will do when i get home

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    It's frozen on. WD40 or PBblaster and let sit over night. Next day use a small tourch and heat up and bang it off. That's one of the 1st things I throw away lol. Way better brake setups out there that fit on with little to no mods.
    Im all ears lol. I have to replace the whole rear brake system anyway. Would need to be little or no mods. No welding lol. Cutting, drilling, grinding ok. Suggestions?

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I did not have to take mine off but I do remember having to free the linkage up due to the bike sitting torn down in a shed for a very long time.

arlaunch is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Here are some posts from Jason several years ago. This thread is in the Mad Scientist Lair if and when you get access.

The thread goes on to say all of the years you can use for both the cr80-85 and the kx's..

The bottom line was the cr80 brake bolted right on. Just get another or use your rear calipers mounting bracket.

Brand new high quality brakes are on ebay right now for like $80 or so.

This is all assuming you need a rear brake and get that crank off.....

I found that AEROKROIL makes PB blaster and WD 40 seem like a waste of money. It is simply that amazing. YES!!

Be careful, Heating any of these products and breathing the smoke can kill you right now. Seriously!!

i bought a nice 85 200x off ebay for $300 that runs great but had no rear caliper and the front was bleed rite and held the bike when pushing on it in the garage. but i found out on the test drive that it di not stop the trike when riding it. piston was partually sticking and i almost hit a tree.

i have piles off 200x parts and all the rear caliper i have the pistons are stcuk bad. so i was searching on ebay for calipers and found out that CR 80 front caliper are close to the same for the back of a 200x. they bolt the exact same to the 200x bracket you attach to the swingarm. the rotors to big for the cr 80 bracket. i got one from a 2006 cr80 that was being parted out for $22. back into the 80's even the cr80 uses the exact same caliper

after finding that out i went searching under every type of dirt bike caliper to see what would fit since on the front of a 200x since the slider and pin are switched. walla a 2000 kx 80 rear caliper bolts rite up to the front mounting bracket that attaches to the fork. i chanced it and bid on it and won it for the starting bid of $5. not sure what other years are the same.

just letting you know to help out some fellow 200x owners out.

JASON LISKEY
    Last edited by arlaunch; 03-20-2016 at 10:59 PM.

1984 Honda Big Red ATC 200ES (Emma)
    1985 Honda 200X ATC (Pretty Boy)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Dr. Fast)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC ( 77 )
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Baller)
    1986 Honda 350X ATC (Go Go Girl)

Feed Back: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-arlaunch

--
    Try using a 50% Acetone and 50% transmission fluid mixed instead of wd 40....Let it set up and use the Mapp gas on it....You may even have to use acetylene if that doesn't work.
    '85 ATC350X
    '85 ATC110
    '85 ATC200X (gone)
    '84 ATC125m (gone)
    '86 Tecate 250 (gone)

--
    I FINALLY got this damn thing off!!!!! Let it sit with wd40 for a few days, just came out and sprayed it once a day, and today heated the crap out of it and really had to lay into it with the . But it came off!!!. I have a spare with a good bushing thankfully bc i really beat this thing up

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //