//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Long hiatus, new 350x

--

Long hiatus, new 350x

It's been awhile since I've posted on here so I though I would go ahead and share my new pride and glory, my 85 350x. I've had it a few months, and I'm somewhat sad to say that I had to sell my 250sx to aquire it, but never would I have thought that the X would be as powerful as it is. You just can't get these things to bog, it's unreal. Of course there is a poweband that is hard to hit if your in to high of a gear, but it will still work up through it given enough time. It's gotten me into a few tight spots here and there from being somewhat careless, and I have even sent it into a lake once (not deep, just far enough to be a pain to drag out, especially in 45 degree weather and absolutely frigud water, lol.) Currently have the engine pulled to replace the timing chain next week, and I'm not terribly excited about digging into it, but it'll be worth it. Only bright side is it wasn't a difficult engine pull, had it out in an hour and a half. Anyways here's some pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160212_165451.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	228386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160217_165037.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	228387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160225_001547.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	228388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160227_151416.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	939.5 KB 
ID:	228389  

--
    Thanks for the pictures and story. You have a real nice collection! I don't want mine going in any water, though. 1st Atc I rode was a friends new 85 250sx. It was a a local gravel pit, I came flying down a hill then up a smaller hill I hit a root sticking out and rolled it-HARD! I landed like a cat, but the atc's handle bars where not even close to the original form. It was so bad he left me there to walk home. I was 14 & lucky. Enjoy those trikes!

--
    Love the 350x!!! One of the funniest trikes I own!

--
    Thanks guys, it has treated me well thus far. Tearing down the engine to swap the timing chain turn into one hell of a head ache, the head is currently at a machine shop to have a broken bolt drilled out the re-tapped. Not sure if it was just seized or if it was cross threaded, but the bolt closest to the cam journal decided it wanted to just snap off, just my luck. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong after I get the top end gasket kit in to start putting things back together. Doing my homework to make sure I get it timed right. Getting the old chain out wasn't much fun, so I can only imagine how much fun it'll be getting it back on the cam sprocket.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //