//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1995 Banshee

--

1995 Banshee

Back in 1998, I bought a basically brand new 95 Banshee from the original owner. He bought the bike, put a bunch of Graydon Proline stuff and FMF pipes on it and rode it twice. I found it in the local newspaper classified ads and bought it. A few years later I traded it for a 5.0 Mustang and have regretted it ever since.

I've been looking at Craigslist for the last ten years for another 95, but being a one year only color scheme, they never pop up. So I decided to post up a wanted add and I get an email the next day with this bike.

Original owner with title, but has no compression. I wouldn't call it abused, but rather neglected. It's pretty much original save for the tires.

Part of me wants to do a restoration, but the other part just wants to address the issues and ride it. It's a struggle!

I have the Power Pros/Graydon pipes coming along with a practically new set of oem front Dunlops. The rear grab bar is bent from a previous endo that also bent the back of the subframe where it bolt onto. It'll need a bunch of little things like bushings and brakes. I'm going to pull the cylinders off and survey the damage.

--
    That was the bike that made me want a banshee...20 years later I got a 96 which is now a 98. Good luck!....they are freaking hooky machines to work on. I fixed a lot of oddly designed things.

here's my 96/98. I have to fix a clutch gasket then it back to the coal hills.

--
    This is the 4th Banshee I've owned and my favorite atv of all time. The engine and comfort have always overshadowed all its short comings. I fell in love with the 95 the day I walked into the dealer in 94 and saw it sitting in the showroom.

I want to try and hunt down a set of NOS fenders for it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

--
    DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!

Like I said in this post, the '95 colour scheme is by far my favourite!!!

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...30#post1384730

That's a nice machine you got there, congrats!!!

--
    I vote for fixing issues and riding it.

That's what I've been doing the T3 I bought last fall. It's kind of liberating.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jb2wheels View Post
    I vote for fixing issues and riding it.

That's what I've been doing the T3 I bought last fall. It's kind of liberating.
    I agree. I'd really like to enjoy it sooner than later.

--
    Have to look at how much you want to ride it Vs how much money you want to throw at it.

Sounds like you want to ride it more.
    "See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it quiet-like. "

Trikes:
    1982 Honda ATC250R(in process), 1984 Honda ATC110, 1984 Honda 200s, 1985 Kawasaki KLT160(not running...yet)
    Quads:
    1990 Suzuki LT250S, 2013 Suzuki LT-Z400, 2014 Honda TRX450R SE

--
    I wanna definitely ride it soon. The dilemma is it needs left side ball joints and in Yamaha's infinite wisdom, the ball joints are not replaceable without replacing the entire a-arm.

It makes sense to not waste money on used arms that will end up in the same condition as these. Aftermarket arms are not super expensive, but then I'll have to buy an axle to complement the wider arms. Now I'm 500 into it just because the ball joints are bad.

LT80 is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    You pay to play!! LOL

--
    You do not have to buy new axle to make the rear wide.

I run a stock axle. Yamaha used centered rims. Run Honda offset rims 3in/5 out....then put 83-85 200x or 83-84 250r hubs on it...they will bolt right one. Now you machine is 48" wide. That's what I did. I hate Yamaha's odd rear bolt pattern and I did this because I had new rims and mud lites I was not going to let go to waste.

Maybe that will help ya. I have a set or 83R hubs I have no use for also. They are being powder coated black with a bunch of other stuff since New looking hubs make people swoon.

You can find cheap used OEM arms. I run OEM only because the ball joints were nice yet. Beware of Alba arms...few guys I ride with bent them up after 1 ride...then OEM ones are stronger lol. All i did to my OEM arms was had a guy blast them, then I painted them with 2 coats of epoxy enamel and I installed new plastic arm bushings...beware on removing the stock ones..you need to twist them out since the press fit is to tight. I broke a few removing and installing. If you need the front a hair wider DO NOT be scared of a 1" spacer. I run one with lock nuts on and have no issues. If i raced I wouldn't use that but I tried to use as much as I had when mine was build...even thought 2/3 was replaced.
    Last edited by oldskool83; 03-04-2016 at 10:59 AM.

--
    By the time I buy honda pattern wheels and mess with swapping out the tires, I can just buy the correct axle and call it a day. That would make sense though if I had all that laying around like you did. I'm just going to find a nice oem left side arms and do like you did and paint them. Thanks for the tip though.

--
    i figured with owning atc's you had a pile of honda stuff sitting around.

--
    Nope, I've sold everything that's not on my bike right now.

--
    Fix it to ride or restore....you know my opinion. I am ready to ride brother.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I'll sell ya mine lol. I want to buy a guys WR400F powered 300ex MX bike.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //