//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Christmas ATC70 MINT with papers value

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    In case you are interested, the paint on the Harley pipes is VHT FLAME PROOF CERAMIC FLAT BLACK P/N SP102.

Here's another example

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Ok thanks I will give that a try. My 350x pipe needs some love also.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmeamidget View Post
    ..........The only reason I was considering the wheels is the Honda silver cloud paint is still available and is the actual paint used and I will need to take rims apart to put the ohtsu tires on.
    I'm confused the above quote makes it sound like the trike didn't come with original ohtsu "Wamulass" tires. Can't tell in your pic's which tires are installed and a left side pic would be beneficial. Paint the wheels to stop the rust as no one would pay top dollar in a rusted condition, most buyers want something needing minimal repairs. Still a great score.

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	228962
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	217.0 KB 
ID:	228964 I think they are cheng shin but I will look tomorrow.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Ok thanks I will give that a try. My 350x pipe needs some love also.
    LOL, xlnt . I told ya I know my shiit . I can assure you that I have had to "under restore"/match parts on older restorations or orig cars etc a ZILLION times, and believe me, it took a while to get it down half way right . I deal with a lot of big dollar cars and the people I deal with are VERY picky, especially when they are considering whipping out $50,000.00 or so for a 40 year old car.

You probably already know this but just in case, obviously sand it lightly with fine paper like 400 grit and heat the paint and the part up before painting it then let it dry in a warm place . If you live where it is cold, it sucks trying to get things to look nice in the winter.

Hope it comes out how you like.

--
    My opinion (I've been wrong today already and it will probably happen again before the day is over) is that the most that is worth is that exact way it's sitting. I wouldn't touch anything. If you pull the stickers off the paint could be brighter underneath them. The way it is now, it's a "barn find" anything else you do will only take away from that, and I feel that's what people want. I can understand wanting to preserve it, but I feel putting it in a low humidity environment will stop the corrosion that is there. As for "mint", I dont even want to go there, but I can't help myself. Mint has a definition, it's not subjective. That said, you should be very proud of your new machine, it could be the closest to mint xmas 70 out there.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    If at the end of the day you do decide to leave it as is I would at least give all the metal a good wipe with some WD-40 to slow down any corrosion that already exists.
    It sucks to get old

--
    That is a beautiful bike. I would adress the rust and polish the plastic,but not a lot more. It is your bike, clean her to your wants and don't worry about anything else. Very very nice find!
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Mint is probably not the best choice of words but of all the christmas 70's I have seen or seen pics of, this is the best untouched not "cleaned up" bike I have seen.

--
    Ladies and gentlemen, ^ Mint.

stoshu is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Definitely not mint
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

--
    So does it hurt the value to "clean it up" like bead blasting and reprinting wheels and putting peewees decal on the rear fender?
    I would strongly advise against any bead blasting and especially against applying any paint.
    What you own is a very very nice condition ORIGINAL machine.
    Once that first bit of paint hits it, it immediately goes from original to a restore.
    Nothing against restores, mind you, but it can only be an original once.
    Restos are a dime a dozen compared to original (survivor) specimens.

You should polish / clean it up in the best way possible (scotch brite, SOS pads, etc)
    Pro Tip: Mr Clean Magic Eraser + WD40 on fenders does wonders.
    WD40 on all metal parts will make the oxidation and corrosion magically disappear.
    Keeping it "wet" prevents further damage.

Applying a (very HIGH QUALITY) reproduction sticker is a toss up..... especially if there was never a sticker applied from the dealer.
    Personally, I think I'd keep the sticker on the shelf - although original stickers may no longer exist.

In the end, you will be best served to shine up, protect, and preserve what you have.
    Any "improvements" you are thinking of making will turn out to be quite the opposite when you look back in 10-20 years.

If you can't tell by now, I have some very strong opinions on this topic.
    Congratulations on finding such an awesome 3-wheeler. It is quite an amazing little machine.
    Best of luck with whatever you decide!!

--
    Keister I am becoming more and more convinced these never had the rear sticker from day one and the sticker was dreamed up later on because all the other atc 70's had them. I am going to clean it up and oil so no more rust. I will see how that turns out and then decide on touch up if any. Barnett that bike is perfect and if that is not a restore I am truly impressed. Must have been stored in a temperature and humidity controlled environment its whole life. I would love to see the back side to see if it has sticker.

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    if that is not a restore.
    It is restored.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //