//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Best Tire for a Hard Tail

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 81ATC185S View Post
    a month ago I ran over a barbed wire trap someone had laid across the trail, and the tires up pretty good. I think I ran over another atv trap a few days ago
    I forgot about crap like that. Figured most of the azzholes that did those kinds of things had died a miserable death by now. Keep you head up out there!
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    Getting ready for the roundy poundy haspin border ride? It promises to not just be bad for you kidneys, but your liver as well. Don't forget it falls on daisy duke thursday, so dress accordingly.
    I wasn't planning on bringing a full wardrobe up there. I guess I'll have to ride at the back of the pack
    It sucks to get old

--
    Got the Duros mounted yesterday, They look good and seem to have a bit of life to them, haven't rode it yet though. The Carlisle's were a fair bit wider. I did like the look of them, but I need some growth and bounce on that trike.

As far as Cheng Shins go I think we all know what those words translate to in English. I compromised my life to that brand far too many times when price dictated what I could put on my rims. God willing I'll never have to buy another one.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I've asked a similar question before and even bought what was recommended. However, before I pull the current set off I want to ask one more time.

Has any one tested Kenda Scorpion, Carlisle AT, or Duro tires against each other? These are 22/11/8 2 ply tires. I've tried all but the Duro's which are next to go on, but If any one has tried any two of these brands on the same trike and has a preference I'd appreciate hearing it.

I'm looking to run low pressure for a soft ride, but I also want the tires to grow at speed. Neither the Kenda's or the Carlisle's will balloon at speed and the Kenda's ride a lot stiffer than the Carlisle tires.

I guess I'm asking if it's worth the hassle to change the Carlisle's out for the Duros's. It would be something to get a set of the same Dunlop's that came on the trike, those tires did it all.
    I run both and the expence of a good tire ! you have a good one !!! and the Duro is about the same price !!
    DO the Best With What you got !

My Feed back :cool

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Deuce View Post
    I run both and the expence of a good tire ! you have a good one !!! and the Duro is about the same price !!
    You're saying the Duro and the Carlisle are about the same for bounce and growth at speed?
    It sucks to get old

--
    The Carlisle Knobby 2 ply is a garbage tire. I have a full set of 25x12x9s and a set of rear 22x11x8. They ride like , they fill with mud almost instantly, and take about 1/4 mile to clear the mud out of each lug (I'm dead serious). They are rock solid and you will never puncture them, and you can drive on the street for years and you wont wear them down any. One day I decided to do massive amounts of burnouts with my 22x11x8s and they don't looks any different than before. The carliles are great for sliding around corners though. Most Cheng Shin are good tires, but Duro is the way to go imo.
    1983 ATC 185s 200 jug bored .20 9.5:1 Naumura piston. Fast as ass when its not stretching the drive chain or stripping hubs.
    1986 ATC 250ES. *Total garbage trying to sell it*
    1983 YTM 200E. Runs good, forks are super bent but aside from that its mint.
    1984 YTM 200L. Barn find, everything is mint except the bottom end is bad... *waiting on a new engine*

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc300r View Post
    If you can find them Ohtsu pro-wedge ,pro-wedge II and III were designed for the hardtails. The pro-wedge are for the Honda split rim. Pro-wedge II,III are for the one piece rim. The guys I drag race with used to run them on there high powered quads. The 4-snow is a close second.Attachment 229034
    Yes.!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    You're saying the Duro and the Carlisle are about the same for bounce and growth at speed?
    Yes the 4ply tires !!! not the cheap 2 ply!!

--
    Yeah if possible get the Duro 4 ply tires, the 2 ply are great and ride really nice but puncture easy. 2 of my tires are from a garbage dump, the other one is off of a buddies atv trailer.
    1983 ATC 185s 200 jug bored .20 9.5:1 Naumura piston. Fast as ass when its not stretching the drive chain or stripping hubs.
    1986 ATC 250ES. *Total garbage trying to sell it*
    1983 YTM 200E. Runs good, forks are super bent but aside from that its mint.
    1984 YTM 200L. Barn find, everything is mint except the bottom end is bad... *waiting on a new engine*

rustyhondas is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    22-11x8 mud lites are great on a 200
    86 atc 250r
    85 atc 70
    84 atc 200s
    05 650 rincon
    06 400at rancher
    93 lt80
    02 kx65

--
    I agree with every single comment about duros, chengs, and carlisles.
    2-stroke lover

--
    I run Cheng Shin Mud Busters 22x11x8 (now called Lumberjack), they are a Chevron/Knobbie combo, Thick chevron lugs with Knobby side biters. they're a great and very durable tire, about middling on ride though, and can bounce when hitting a big rock or exposed tree root at speed, but they go well over terrain without getting stuck , and I have yet to puncture them, and thats running over everything from thick weed stubble, cedar branches, barbed wire, etc. Sidewall flex is minimal, yet they still manage to slide with a little effort. They also allow my trike to be rather nimble, and it can turn in tighter than a quad! and thats without lifting the inner wheel!
    Never forget the past , but dont dwell on it.

My toys
    Trike:
    1983 Honda Atc 185s (update: frame painted!)
    1986 honda Atc 125m (sold)

Non - trike
    1968 Lomart Cheeftah Mini bike (3 hp Tecumseh)
    1968 wheel horse charger automatic ( modded)
    1981 Dodge Power Ram (driver)
    1981 Imperial (project car)

Follow me on my blog! (Yes, its about trikes!) https://www.tumblr.com/blog/atctriangleofdeath

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //