//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: My 1985 200x Build

Mackus84 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    My white Maier rear fenders!!!!!!! Yes!!!!. Found this set on amazon for $185 with free shipping. Cant beat that!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160411_224556.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	230344

--
    You will want to take your factory seat holder and cut it up, then drill a 1/4" hole thru it, go to lowes and add some rubber groomets and nuts so its rubber mounted. The Maier fenders do not have the tap that the seat holder needs to fit in and if you do not use it they will just flop all over the place.

see attached photos. I do this on all my 200x fenders.

Mackus84 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    You will want to take your factory seat holder and cut it up, then drill a 1/4" hole thru it, go to lowes and add some rubber groomets and nuts so its rubber mounted. The Maier fenders do not have the tap that the seat holder needs to fit in and if you do not use it they will just flop all over the place.

see attached photos. I do this on all my 200x fenders.
    I actually just got done reading that post those pics came from last night.! And yes i will be doing the same thing.

--
    Just realized i was missing some pieces when i looked at Oldskool's pics he posted. Anyone have any extras i can buy? I found a few on ebay but id rather not pay $14 plus shipping for one of em. Also what purpose do they serve?

Name:	Screenshot_2016-04-12-08-31-30.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	230355 <-----these?

--
    The rubber Grommets that are dished and long help the fenders to rest on your frame, with out that say goodbye to new frame paint and your seat profile will just bend. I had to be them NOS. Very hard to find. I install them with silicon in so they can never really come out easy.

rubber grommet piece: P/N 50815-965-000 Obsolete http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Honda-19...1WqoXb&vxp=mtr

Anything else let me know. I knows these inside and out and what you can swap for better crap.

I have fresh powder coated black OEM foot pegs also and some other crap I would be willing to see leave.
    Last edited by oldskool83; 04-12-2016 at 09:42 AM.

--
    Update. Got the new fenders mounted up. Looks funny with those roll around back tires. Itll look good once the new rims and tires go on. Also got my cases split to put in the new oem gaskets to seal a crankcase gasket leak. Good thing i did find the leak and split the cases, because i found a chunk of glass inside the case!! Had to be from the previous owner bc he had the top end off. All bearing look and feel good. Got a Dr apptment w my son tomorrow so hopefully get them back together on thursday. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160412_084413.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	230387

Name:	20160411_230726.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	230388

--
    Little progress the last few days, got the entire bottom end apart and gone through. Any case bearings replaced that needed it, followed by NOS oem gaskets all the way around. STILL WAITING for my cylinder head to gome back from GH discount atv. Theyre replacing one of my valve guides as well so they had to order it. Also picked up a CR80 complete front brake system for $15 off ebay. Front caliper will go on the back. So the parking brake will be deleted. Also picked up a KX80 rear caliper for the front. So the entire braking system will be updated and upgraded. Pics to follow when everything installed

--
    Got my FrankenBrakes finished up!! So all together, i have for the rear, a 2002 CR80 master cylinder, and a 1995 CR80 Front caliper on 200X bracket. For the front i have the Master from the 1995 CR80 that came with the caliper, and a 1998 KX80 REAR caliper on the front with the stock 200X bracket. Everything went together really easily, and i even managed to get front and rear bled the traditional method by pumping and opening the bleeder. Although, for the front, i did have the caliper off its mount, and held it above the master. Once i did that it was like magic and little by little i started seeing the piston move. And now the front brakes are solid as a rock. The rear is gonna need new pads, and a little more bleeding. But i have brakes!!! Im going to upgrade to SS brake lines before the final build unveil. The rear needs probably a +4 brake line as it doesnt lay on the swingarm right, but i mainly wanted to get this together and make sure the Fleabay brake parts were all gonna work.... Anyways, Heres a few pics
    KX80 REAR caliper up frontClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20160419_011911.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	230631
    CR80 master up front,(yes i need the proper screw

Name:	20160419_011855.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	230632
    And CR80 FRONT caliper on rear

Name:	20160419_011925.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	230633

--
    That's coming along nicely. I have a spare frame and swing arm I'll be restoring soon and doing a swap over with. Hopefully the frame is ok under the 103 coats of paint on it. I have my doubts though.

Question. I just finished installing the kx80 caliper up front. How hard should the brake lever be and how much travel? Mine starts grabbing as soon as you touch it and if you pull at all it brakes hard. Total travel is maybe an inch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by redemn93 View Post
    That's coming along nicely. I have a spare frame and swing arm I'll be restoring soon and doing a swap over with. Hopefully the frame is ok under the 103 coats of paint on it. I have my doubts though.

Question. I just finished installing the kx80 caliper up front. How hard should the brake lever be and how much travel? Mine starts grabbing as soon as you touch it and if you pull at all it brakes hard. Total travel is maybe an inch.

You got yourself some SuperBrakes haha. Mine dont grab like that. And idk what would cause that. My caliper barely moves on the slide pin

--
    Yeah mine barely moves either. There's very little travel on the lever. I guess it's not bad. Just have to remember not to throw myself off with it.

--
    Yeah, as a matter of fact, how did u get them bled so good? Theyll probably have a little more give for you when there weight on the bike. Or is it like that while riding too

--
    Haven't ridden yet. Couple more weeks to get all assembled. I put a line into an empty water bottle, opened the bleeder, squeezed the lever, closed the bleeder, released lever. Filled reservoir as needed. Took 3-5 min. That's with the kx80 caliper.

--
    FINALLY!!!!!!!. After almost a month, got my rebuilt cylinder head back from GH Discount Atv. It took a while because they had to replace a valve guide as well as the other stuff. They had to order the guide. Man, it looks FANTASTIC!!! Like brand new!!!!!. Couldnt be happier, and well worth the wait!

Name:	20160420_223140.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	230658

Name:	20160420_223152.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	230659

Name:	20160420_223217.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	230660

--
    Looks awesome, I am working on my 200x right now. I need to find a place to restore my rear shock if you know anyone I can send it to.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //