//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Competition Riders of America 3-wheeler Series. Ohio/western Pennsylvania

--

Competition Riders of America 3-wheeler Series. Ohio/western Pennsylvania

Hi guys,
    I've been a member on here for quite some time, owning a few trikes over the years. I am the new Marketing Director for the Competition Riders of America (CRA), which is a racing organization based in northeast Ohio. We have been racing motocross, harescramble, and flat track in Ohio and western Pennsylvania since 1984. As we have the past few years, we are offering a 3-wheeler series for the 2016 racing season. This is an 8 race series, featuring three harescrambles, four motocross, and one flat track race. Please keep in mind that while only those eight races count towards the 3-wheeler series, trike riders are welcome at all CRA races throughout the season. The 3-wheeler series schedule is posted below, and the complete CRA schedule, with directions to each track can be found at www.racecra.org

April 24 Lightning Raceway Harescramble
    June 5 Big Valley Harescramble
    July 4 Smith Rd. Raceway MX
    Aug 6 Big game Raceway MX
    Aug 6 Big Game Raceway Flat Track
    Aug 7 Big Game Raceway Harescramble
    Sept 10 Pymatuning Holeshot MX
    Oct 2 Lightning Raceway MX
    "Everything's a good idea when you're drinkin'"
    "Without rules, we'd all be livin' in trees, flingin' our crap at each other" - a very wise man
    2003 Lonestar 250R
    2001 Lonestar 250R
    1986 TRX250R restored to new
    1986 TRX250R still in pieces
    2007 TRX450R
    2004 TRX450R
    1999 CR250
    1999 CR500
    1996 CR250
    and many more

GNCC Vet class
    #102 (WTF)

--
    Gee Rich that's some market skillz, good luck new guy. No mention that the CRA 3 wheeler series is the longest running series in the World. No thanks to all those who have supported us in the past Via local and outside groups. I guess that's evident since you offer no discounts to anyone returning with a CRA card from previous years of support. Rich the Frist race of the series offers a unique Harescramble experience Especially to NEW potential non racer types. You see Lighting offers an exclusive 3wheelers Only HS Event. What's that mean? No DA Quadguys rubbing you and rear ending your classic 30yr old hard to find parts for vintage racer or trail rider. You are just racing other 3 wheelers on the course so bring your barn find hardtail BigRed and get muddy. Not sharing the course with 100+ quads almost worth the $25 CRA membership. Lighting invites you down the day before pre ride the course for $10 and camp overnight for FREE! Rich that's how you MARKET! Thanks for the link nice to see Smith Rd in there. If you could look into a cleaning service for the porta-lets, at Smith. Those holiday races tend to be pretty long days with big turnouts. I get why they offer no trash cans. I'd pay $5 on top of the $25 if you bosted CRA offers cleanest racing and remote no flush huts in Motorcross.
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 03-16-2016 at 11:18 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Z 250 View Post
    Gee Rich that's some market skillz, good luck new guy. No mention that the CRA 3 wheeler series is the longest running series in the World. No thanks to all those who have supported us in the past Via local and outside groups. I guess that's evident since you offer no discounts to anyone returning with a CRA card from previous years of support. Rich the Frist race of the series offers a unique Harescramble experience Especially to NEW potential non racer types. You see Lighting offers an exclusive 3wheelers Only HS Event. What's that mean? No DA Quadguys rubbing you and rear ending your classic 30yr old hard to find parts for vintage racer or trail rider. You are just racing other 3 wheelers on the course so bring your barn find hardtail BigRed and get muddy. Not sharing the course with 100+ quads almost worth the $25 CRA membership. Lighting invites you down the day before pre ride the course for $10 and camp overnight for FREE! Rich that's how you MARKET! Thanks for the link nice to see Smith Rd in there. If you could look into a cleaning service for the porta-lets, at Smith. Those holiday races tend to be pretty long days with big turnouts. I get why they offer no trash cans. I'd pay $5 on top of the $25 if you bosted CRA offers cleanest racing and remote no flush huts in Motorcross.
    Not sure why you feel the need to criticize my position or my marketing skills, but it's inappropriate and rude. I posted here to let the trike guys know of a series that will cater to them and offer a place to ride, which is hard to come by these days, and even harder for three-wheelers. And you want to beat me up over a job I volunteered for and am doing free of charge? It's my time, my fuel driving around delivering schedules, walking into places on a cold calls and asking for discounts and sponsorship for our riders. Thanks for telling me how to market our organization, maybe you should try it.
    Last edited by rich250rracer; 03-16-2016 at 10:05 PM.
    "Without rules, we'd all be livin' in trees, flingin' our crap at each other" - a very wise man
    2003 Lonestar 250R
    2001 Lonestar 250R
    2007 TRX450R
    2004 TRX450R
    1999 CR250
    1999 CR500
    1996 CR250
    and many more

GNCC Vet class
    #102 (WTF)

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    So who is now the official Liason and schedule planner for trike races?
    When did Smith rd become a CRA sanctioned track? (Personally I liked being able to race that track as a outlaw without purchase of the card) no offense please.
    Is Tim Stefanko still the primary planner for scheduling the races and venues?
    Will CRA be able to secure any of the fair race tracks again?

I only ask because I have not seen any schedule posted on the OTC website in formal announcement like it has been the last 7 or so years, which was always the "official" information portal for trike racing in Ohio.
    Thanks for your time for these questions.

CRA is definitely more accommodating than the new division from what I have heard.
    If I can make a suggestion, I would advise placing the trike riders main events early in the programs where most of the crowds are still present. You can see quads and bikes every weekend. Trike racing is thin enough that it deserves as much spectator attendance as possible. In the past, maoing trike riders stand around until the end of the day was kind of a red headed step child slap in the face to the riders. Especially when sometimes half the participants were making 4 hour plus drives from neighboring states. It is just a suggestion that may further the growth of trike riders showing up.

Lastly...What is class structure? And what are the points classes?

Is it seat of the pants based on rider turnout? Hopefully you dont have to contend with riders requestiong special classes that result in 6 classes with 2 riders on the gate.
    Last edited by Mosh; 03-17-2016 at 06:29 AM.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	229154
    Here is an example how I personally raised over $380 worth of CRA free entries. I did this as a way to expand our group and give back to a sport I love. I took my own money, used my own Art work, used my resources to print. I then hand to hand sold the bulk of the material to anyone willing to buy. This $ was then used to fund First Time Riders. Basically to cover your CRA card and entry fee for a guy who just wants to try racing without a commitment to a spaghetti dinner. Your better get thicker skin if you think sales and marketing comes easy. Just exactly where do you think most of the talent is pooled from? Good lord your comments of attack and limited places to race are so off base you should look into the History and knowledge of who your trying to recruit. Why mention camping a Lighting? Well Rich most guys don't live next door. If your trying to get New riders outside a 1/2hr drive, you offer an option. Its not a cost to the CRA it looks like a bonus if you present it in that way. Your doing this for FREE? No wonder no one can feed themselves from the down turn in numbers. Word of advise driving around is a waste of time money and contact of end customer. Rich you have every cellar number and email of every CRA card holder since 2006. Why are you making cold calls? Call former card holders email out the schedual to every email you have already. You need to find out why the numbers have dropped. The fact is Rich there are MORE places to race 3wheelers today than in the History of the Sport, right up to the National level. When your not the only game in town anymore the same thing the CRA has been flinging out there just isn't working any more. I've walked into 4 bike shops in the last week, NONE have your biggest asset in their shop. The Event Poster for 2016 CRA's races. The day after print the management and all employees have a mailer stuffing party and a bulk mailer goes out to every dealer Statewide instead of gas in your tank. So you think I'm rude and I come from a land of hate. Seem like you've never had a door or phone slammed in your face. That's when you get back on the phone and try again. If you have no passion or a need to succeed and don't use the resources at hand to improve effeciant recruitment it's gonna be a long road. Remember to Always thank those who came before you and never forget those whom supported in the past so there is a future. Prett much the reason for the shirt.....PastChampionns of the CRA get to know some History. Funny thing Rich the frist run had two misspelled items. I turned that negative into a positive by selling the misprints for1/2 and actually sold out of them frist and got the printer to run entire order for free as replacements, lol! Never the less good luck Rich, you obviously need no direction and cant be criticized without taking it personally. See you at the races!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Z 250 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	229154
    Here is an example how I personally raised over $380 worth of CRA free entries. I did this as a way to expand our group and give back to a sport I love. I took my own money, used my own Art work, used my resources to print. I then hand to hand sold the bulk of the material to anyone willing to buy. This $ was then used to fund First Time Riders. Basically to cover your CRA card and entry fee for a guy who just wants to try racing without a commitment to a spaghetti dinner. Your better get thicker skin if you think sales and marketing comes easy. Just exactly where do you think most of the talent is pooled from? Good lord your comments of attack and limited places to race are so off base you should look into the History and knowledge of who your trying to recruit. Why mention camping a Lighting? Well Rich most guys don't live next door. If your trying to get New riders outside a 1/2hr drive, you offer an option. Its not a cost to the CRA it looks like a bonus if you present it in that way. Your doing this for FREE? No wonder no one can feed themselves from the down turn in numbers. Word of advise driving around is a waste of time money and contact of end customer. Rich you have every cellar number and email of every CRA card holder since 2006. Why are you making cold calls? Call former card holders email out the schedual to every email you have already. You need to find out why the numbers have dropped. The fact is Rich there are MORE places to race 3wheelers today than in the History of the Sport, right up to the National level. When your not the only game in town anymore the same thing the CRA has been flinging out there just isn't working any more. I've walked into 4 bike shops in the last week, NONE have your biggest asset in their shop. The Event Poster for 2016 CRA's races. The day after print the management and all employees have a mailer stuffing party and a bulk mailer goes out to every dealer Statewide instead of gas in your tank. So you think I'm rude and I come from a land of hate. Seem like you've never had a door or phone slammed in your face. That's when you get back on the phone and try again. If you have no passion or a need to succeed and don't use the resources at hand to improve effeciant recruitment it's gonna be a long road. Remember to Always thank those who came before you and never forget those whom supported in the past so there is a future. Prett much the reason for the shirt.....PastChampionns of the CRA get to know some History. Funny thing Rich the frist run had two misspelled items. I turned that negative into a positive by selling the misprints for1/2 and actually sold out of them frist and got the printer to run entire order for free as replacements, lol! Never the less good luck Rich, you obviously need no direction and cant be criticized without taking it personally. See you at the races!
    I am not here to argue with you, not sure what your deal is. My job is to expand CRA membership by making sure dealers have schedules available for their customers, developing new ideas that will assist in increasing membership, and increase sponsorship for riders and the series. The cold calls which I am referring to are visits to dealers and other businesses that can provide sponsorship to the riders and also provide merchandise, gift certificates, or other financial assistance to our series. A face to face meeting is much more personal, which is why it's done. Why would a potential sponsor waste their time and money if a representative can't make the effort to stop in and visit? Since you seem to know everything, maybe you can provide an answer. And maybe you should go eat a Snickers, it will help you chill out a little. With that I'm done. I was just trying to let members on this forum know about the series, I didn't have all the details of the 3-wheeler series and just wanted to give the riders a heads up on the dates. But it was apparently an invite for you to attack me. If you find what I'm doing a problem, then I can just delete this post altogether.
    Last edited by rich250rracer; 03-17-2016 at 04:19 PM.
    2003 Lonestar 250R
    2001 Lonestar 250R
    2007 TRX450R
    2004 TRX450R
    1999 CR250
    1999 CR500
    1996 CR250
    and many more

GNCC Vet class
    #102 (WTF)

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I had legitimate questions related to the series? I would think potential racers would like some more information related to class structure and other things related to the series as I posted above.

Is there machine limitations? Axle width, engine cc limits, general lap and moto formats ..This is relative info that people would like to know if you would be so kind to elaborate.

After dealing with one person setting the class structures and moto formats for 10 years people need to know if and what changes they can expect.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rich250rracer View Post
    Not sure why you feel the need to criticize my position or my marketing skills, but it's inappropriate and rude. I posted here to let the trike guys know of a series that will cater to them and offer a place to ride, which is hard to come by these days, and even harder for three-wheelers. And you want to beat me up over a job I volunteered for and am doing free of charge? It's my time, my fuel driving around delivering schedules, walking into places on a cold calls and asking for discounts and sponsorship for our riders. Thanks for telling me how to market our organization, maybe you should try it.
    Thanks for sharing the information and opportunity. You'll have to forgive some of the brashness, there is a long history of politics and bad blood over many things 3wheeler racing related. Please try not to take it too personal.

--
    Id like to also thank you for the info. Im interested in the August race. 3 races in 1 weekend awsome. I live in northern NY would need to camp out if possible. I have some near by tracks that now have TT races. Over the years Iv went to several mx tracks and ask about a trike class and either got laughed at or looked at like I have 2 heads. But I didn't let that deter me . There are 2 tracks within 50 miles from my house that I have a co-worker checking on. 1 track wants to have a trike class but is worried about insurance.I will know more in a few weeks.But like Billy said don't take it personaly.
    250r rules

--
    I'm not arguing and quit quoting what you aren't reading Rich. You posted your the Marketing Director and a brief Historical blah I'm one of you guys blah no thank you intro. Had you just posted the schedual as a favor to the group maybe I don't reply. Putting yourself into the position of Director, raises my interest. I look at your post like someone hanging a garage sale sign on a telephone pole with a link to the address. You obliviously don't get me, I'm not the sugar coat it type. You use the excuse of doing it for FREE, or throwing it out there that maybe I should try it. I give you an example of exactly what you asked for, now it's arguing. The fact that CRA has such deep History and Longivity they require volunteers to generate income isnt a business plan I'm familiar with. I guess there's no cost in your failure, or is there. I would think every Corp., Industry related business would be proud to rejoin as long as the CRA is a valuable partner. In my life I've worn many hats, and held various positions in Life. One example is where I brokered Steel for a year cold calling 5000 machine shops nation wide(cold call : having never contacted ever before/ warm call: previous contacts already contacted once). I never touch one hand, saw a face of the person who signed the check or contract ever. I sold over a million dollars worth of steel, I never even saw or touched. No warehouses, no company truck or car just a phone and cubical. I understand face to face and handshake deals. So if FMF has a program they possible offer each state orginization you'll need to drive to California to get it? If I'm from outta state how does CRA accommodate me without a $25 welcome/goodbye because I can only travel to one race or experimental tryout? You don't, it's our small group that supports you that support fellow riders to try it out. The CRA looks at it like just another card sold next. Why a card any way can't you just spread the volunteer cost out over the entire series for say$26 per class? I don't see the exclusivity or kickback to having one as a holder. It's not that you and I are that far apart in the direction headed or goals intended. It's gonna be the 20% difference that keep you on your side of the road and me on mine.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //