//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cheap CDI's on ebay and your experience with them.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    If you have ever been to any type of trade or dealer show, you may find yourself blocked into a booth by no less than 3 chineses people of, very limited english. There is usually a funky smell in the air, much like some one farted in a bag of 1 day old mcdonalds, left in a hot car for a few hours. They have a jar of skittles or m&ms for individuals treats to keep cost down from a bulk bag, to keep you occupied while they try to sell you a pallet of 10,000 cdi,s of " vady goo qwalty" at a unti cost of 2$ a piece. 3 of them jibering at you makes you realize the invasion is REAL and gives you a idea of what it could be like in wartime...
    Meanwhile, the american booths , are handing out free beer, t shirts and sponsorships struggling to compete with the influx of malaysian, and chinese imports, just to get on forums and whatch people suggest supporting the import junk from everything to tires, to cdi,s and seat covers...
    But yet the old "get what ya pay for" still don't sink in.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    The best is listening to libtards, leftists, and union tards complain about buying American and jobs going overseas. Then you see the union construction guys with tool bags full of cheap Chinese tools.

ETA: Then you have the penny pinchers here who still buy the cheap crap, and when they find out it's a POS either:

A: Come back here to complain that the stuff is junk, or

B: Don't come back and say anything, because they're too chickensh!t to admit they should have listened to those trying to tell them not to buy CCC. Cheap Chinese Crap.

YMMV
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 03-21-2016 at 07:59 PM. Reason: repair basic grammar malfunctions
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    The best is listening to libtards, leftists, and union tards complain about buying American and jobs going overseas. Then you see the union construction guys with tool bags full of cheap Chinese tools.

ETA: Then you have the penny punchers here who still buy the cheap crap, and when they find out it's a POS either:

A: Come back here to complain that the stuff is junk, or

B: Don't come back and say anything, because they're tOo chickensh!t to admit they should have listened to those trying to tell them not to buy CCC. Cheap Chinese Crap.

YMMV
    You will never make anyone understand that you can't do a $25,000 job with $4 equipment. And if you somehow manage to, they will step you up to $6 stuff...
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    If you have ever been to any type of trade or dealer show, you may find yourself blocked into a booth by no less than 3 chineses people of, very limited english. There is usually a funky smell in the air, much like some one farted in a bag of 1 day old mcdonalds, left in a hot car for a few hours. They have a jar of skittles or m&ms for individuals treats to keep cost down from a bulk bag, to keep you occupied while they try to sell you a pallet of 10,000 cdi,s of " vady goo qwalty" at a unti cost of 2$ a piece. 3 of them jibering at you makes you realize the invasion is REAL and gives you a idea of what it could be like in wartime...
    Meanwhile, the american booths , are handing out free beer, t shirts and sponsorships struggling to compete with the influx of malaysian, and chinese imports, just to get on forums and whatch people suggest supporting the import junk from everything to tires, to cdi,s and seat covers...
    But yet the old "get what ya pay for" still don't sink in.
    I won't go into the details, but there is a reason I ride Honda and drive Toyota. Made in the USA doesn't mean much any more, 20+ years ago it was a proud badge to put on products to show high quality and design.

One of the best LED flashlights I have bought is "Designed in USA" but it is made in CHINA. Quality control goes a long ways which sadly most Chinese companies fail at.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    the CDI circuit is rather simple,
    my limited understanding on them
    I just thought this was worth quoting.

Mosh, 'Backed into a booth'? Say it ain't so.

--
    I'm not here to fight or argue, no one is backed into corners or anything just stating my opinion.

For the CDI quotes, just because I have a basic understanding of reading a schematic doesn't mean I know how to design or alter the design. I should have said something closer to I have a limited understanding of the circuit design to be more detailed.

Here is a link to a couple of CDI circuit schematics, I don't see anything overly expensive in there, the DC one has an IC that could be a few dollars, but that is about it.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...gschematic.jpg

Here is another that is a Chinese design based on a Yamaha DT125.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DzKoXJZ8-2...125+edited.PNG

--
    So Ive installed the new "CDI" and no bueno. The original will get it to spark but seems weak. I am at a loss. I can get it to fire but it will only run erratically with what seems to me is a lean condition. Ive already done a leak down test (Will hold 6psi all night) and a compression test (150psi) the plug is wet and I get fuel out off the exhaust. So is it possible to have these out of time? It seems to me that the stator and pulse gen can only be installed in one position, Im stumped.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    I just thought this was worth quoting.

Mosh, 'Backed into a booth'? Say it ain't so.

says "blocked into a booth"
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Comprehension is key in all things successful. .
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    You guys are so cool. I hope someday I can be more like you.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

--
    Setting the bar low doesn't make it much of a challenge.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    Comprehension is key in all things successful. .
    He said it has 150psi of comprehension.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Yup same issue here... With a Ricks on a 330 big bore....
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE-RED 250r View Post
    I too had a bad experience with other than OEM CDI on a 250r. Mine wasn't even a $12 chinese unit, it was a Ricks Hot Shot that was supposed to be a "better" CDI than OEM. Found it not to be the case. Hard kickbacks, especially on hot re-starts, and I was chasing the final tune on the main jet. These problems were amplified when I did the ESR 350 big bore.

Switched back to and OEM cdi and every single issue was resolved. What I thought was a stubborn jetting issue turned out to be caused by the CDI, the hard kickbacks on startup don't happen any more. If I ever decide to use anything other than the original OEM CDI for my R, it will be a complete CR250 ignition system, nothing else.

I have no experience with aftermarket or chinese CDI's for the other milder machines. They might not be as sensitive as the R and could be fine to run. I can't say either way though as I have never run one.
    ]1986 ATC 330R
    1985 ATC 250R vintage PSI racing ported motor
    Get your replacement ATC 250R decals and custom Big Bore #'s here http://shop.3wheelerworld.com/catego...=2&pagegroup=1

--
    One of the best LED flashlights I have bought is "Designed in USA" but it is made in CHINA. Quality control goes a long ways which sadly most Chinese companies fail at.
    Oh so true...
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //