//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 2000 VT 1100c

--

2000 VT 1100c

Picked up another bike today. $400 bucks 41,000 miles and in pieces but mostly complete. Gonna be selling the DRZ400sm so I felt a bigger cruiser was needed for the stable. Not sure what I'm gonna do but it ain't gonna be stock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    400 bucks usually gets you a project bike that seller "doesn't have time to complete, or needs space in the garage"... Rough translation; "I broke my last hacksaw blade, ran out of Flat Black Rustoleum, exhaust wrap, vinyl skull decals, and skill". Your bike is a great platform for a custom build, and for $400 I think you did well. Do you have the tank and seat for the bike? If so, $400 seems more like a bargain. Whatever route you travel in the build, please remember that friends don't let friends replace a motorcycle's rear suspension with re-bar or Crescent wrenches welded from the swingarm to the frame. IMHO.

--
    Murder the bike flat black and it looks to me like it has serious potential for a slammin bobber... keep it dirty and grungy looking.
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

--
    I am thinking matte black paint with green Scotchbrited aluminum, bobb it, kevlar wrapped pipes, flat bars.

http://www.exilecycles.com/
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    Do you have the tank and seat for the bike? If so, $400 seems more like a bargain. Whatever route you travel in the build, please remember that friends don't let friends replace a motorcycle's rear suspension with re-bar or Crescent wrenches welded from the swingarm to the frame. IMHO.
    Tank has a fresh matte dark gray paint job that doesn't look bad. Seat is in okay shape but may be changed along with a few other things. Most of the chrome is cleaning up nicely. I got it to run this weekend with no smoke so just some tuning needed. I'm gonna make it abnoxiously loud just for fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    So you DID get the tank and seat with the bike. Nice. You stole that bike!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    So you DID get the tank and seat with the bike. Nice. You stole that bike!
    That reminds me of someone else I know that is great at stealing bikes.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Just finished her up... For now...

I took off the stock muffs because they were clearly holding this baby back. Got some $9 exhaust tips from the parts house and made my own shortys with lollipops for back pressure. This baby sounds nice and now has the power to back her up. Still have a few loose ends to tie up with her but she cleans up well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //