//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Towing capacity

--

Towing capacity

Hi there,

I've got an '84 200s which has the towing kit. I'm soon to get a boat and was wondering if this could tow it from the driveway to the backyard somewhere?

The boat is a 14ft Jon Boat with trailer, motor etc...

Whats the capacity of these things?

Thanks

--
    My 250es could hardly handle pulling small 4x8 trailer with a garden tractor & three wheeler parts(maybe 800lbs). Not sure if that's good or bad. But big red's running condition is top notch. Also, I've got an old bed frame/springs that I drag the gravel driveway & my 200e could go down but not up the driveway-had to get the tractor. I'm done using these for heavy work. I love pulling around my small trailers for yard work with the atc's. They just don't like much tongue weight.

nicker71 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    It should pull it fine

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post
    My 250es could hardly handle pulling small 4x8 trailer with a garden tractor & three wheeler parts(maybe 800lbs). Not sure if that's good or bad. But big red's running condition is top notch. Also, I've got an old bed frame/springs that I drag the gravel driveway & my 200e could go down but not up the driveway-had to get the tractor. I'm done using these for heavy work. I love pulling around my small trailers for yard work with the atc's. They just don't like much tongue weight.
    Seems your problem might be more related to traction than actual ability?

I have hulled some huge loads with my 200es, low range is a nice perk of that machine. The 250es big reds do quite well too, but haven't hulled a whole lot, just ~1200lb of scrap on a 8x8 snowmobile trialer. It was flat ground, but muddy at first, then dirt road to my house.

To answer the question about pulling a boat, should be fine.

loganm is offline Competing with a gnat in reading comprehension. Current winner: Gnat. Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    If it pulls, I roll. It's a small boat so tongue weight shouldn't be an issue.

Chopsaw is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I would say it will pull it . Controling it is another thing . 200s weighs under 300 lbs . If its flat ground and not alot to drive thru or around ,,, I pull alot with the 200es , but thats part of its job . Weighs in at close to 400lbs and rated to tow , depends on where you look , 600 to 700 lbs . You have to be able to steer and stop .

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //