//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New to the site, looking for Yamaha 225dx wheel spacers

--

New to the site, looking for Yamaha 225dx wheel spacers

I just bought a 1984 yamaha 225dx after only owning honda atc's and I've found that my yamaha is not nearly as stable as all of the honda's I've owned due to it's higher center of gravity and narrow track width, and I have not been able to find any type of wheel spacers or hub/axle extensions. Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction with spacers or perhaps a swing arm conversion?

--
    I looked for some for my recently acquired 1985 225. What I found all seemed to be over $100. Durablue seems to be about the only one who makes them. The bolt pattern is 3x100mm. My last 225 had the wheels reversed and it seemed to be a little wider. I'm considering doing that to this one too. I'll be a little smarter about it than the last guy was. He just turned the rims around and the valve stems were on the inside. That made it a REAL pita to put air in the tires. I'm going to drill new holes and install new stems in what would then be the out side of the rims. You can get away without putting the inside stems in backwards since the brakes don't sit inside the rims like on an atc 250sx.

--
    I just did a little more reading. If you want to do away with the 3 bolt wheels, you can swap Blaster, Banshee, yfz450, and maybe even 300ex hubs onto your axle. Since I have a pair of Banshee rims and an old pair of 22x11-9 Kenda Vipers on hand, I think I'll probably buy a pair of Banshee hubs and use all of that instead. Besides, I really hate the Trail Pros that are on my 225 rims.

YamaBoss is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The boys on the Facebook page YTM three wheeler group are making some customs swing arms for the 225's. I would check in there for that. Otherwise you can flip your rims around to gain two inches in width or convert to one of the hubs and wheel sets mentioned above.

--
    I run tusk hubs and banshee wheels

--
    Thanks for the input guys, I greatly appreciate it. Now that I've got a starting point it's time to figure out which is the best way to go! Thanks again!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //