//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let's see your curbside cast offs, what they're made of, and what they cost.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --

Let's see your curbside cast offs, what they're made of, and what they cost.

This is what built I with a rusted microphone stand base, a hanging planter, an extension cord, a ceiling fan light socket, spray paint, and a bowl from the dollar store. Total investment about $10.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scrap lamp.jpg  

--
    Now, that's talent, very cool, jelous!

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    ^^^Total cost would have been under $5 had I not huffed the first can of spray paint.

--
    I love the decor also. Come decorate for me?
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    I love the decor also. Come decorate for me?
    Sure, I'll swap it for a good running 250ES engine. I'll post other junk I've built when get the house a bit tidier.

--
    Did you ever watch the TV show- trash to cash with john diresta
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    Did you ever watch the TV show- trash to cash with john diresta
    Can't say that I have, but thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it out at a friends house. I watch OTA tv, and get only 4 or 5 channels. I don't have cable because I can ill afford it, but who needs cable when you have 3WW?

--
    Well then are from 2003?, but there on youtube.

--
    Thanks for helping. I didn't even think of that! I'll check it out.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Nice work T-Dog!

I don't have many examples I can think of, but I always try to find uses for things that most folks call "junk".
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    I can't tell if you guys are serious, or if there is some kind of inside joke circulating. But I will accept the compliments whether they are genuine or not. Next project is going to be a gun cabinet made from reclaimed doors and windows. It may sound crazy, but I am confident that it will be pretty cool when I am done with it. And 007, if you were serious about the decor, you will be blown away when you see the rest of the house. I have done so much for so long with so little that I can do anything with nothing. That last sentence made sense in my head, but when typed out, not so much.
    Last edited by tripledog; 03-23-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    My name is Scootertrash and I am a dumpster diver

Oh, I'm totally serious! I have a bunch of wood trim from a circa 1920's farmhouse up in my garage attic that I plan on making an entertainment center of sorts out of. It will be a three or four level corner unit with stackable sections that can be put on any of the levels. If you get my drift.

The wood is pine, but I believe they used shellac to finish it, and it has aged to a nice translucent golden color over the light brown stain.

I allow the use of the term "reclaimed", but don't ever use "repurposed". Friggin hipster sh!t terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Here are a few more samples of my "light work". The blue lamp is made from the cast iron base of a floor lamp, a ceiling fan socket, a speaker that I retrieved from a fire, a translucent globe, and a blue fluorescent bulb... the only thing I bought was the bulb, and it was less than $5. The green lamp was made from two more speakers (it was a big fire), a cast iron woodstove remnant, another socket, a glass platter from a microwave oven, and a fluorescent green bulb. I have about $10 total into the green lamp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scrap lamp 3.jpg   scrap lamp 2.jpg  
    Last edited by tripledog; 03-25-2016 at 01:28 PM.

--
    I was 100% serious. Love the old wood on the wall and also as a interior shutter? Love it! I am honestly not that resourceful to see other good uses for most stuff
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Thanks so much, 007! Just do a google image search using the keywords upcycled, reclaimed, or repurposed (sorry, Scooter) for all of the inspiration you'll need. Pinterest is also a great site for ideas. I have been doing this for years (well before the rise of the internet), so it comes naturally. It is both easy and therapeutic for me. A lot of times you end up with very unique stuff for cheap or free, and is often better quality and has more character than items that you can buy at Walmart (imho).
    Last edited by tripledog; 03-25-2016 at 01:06 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //