//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: **Announcement** CHANGES to TF MX for 2016

--

**Announcement** CHANGES to TF MX for 2016

This thread is to announce 3 substantial changes - hopefully improvements - to the motocross races at TrikeFest for this year.

First off, MX will now be a single moto format. In the past we have run heat races for gate position, then mains for the trophy.
    This year each class will have one single moto for all the marbles.
    There is a long list of reasons that this change was made. Feel free to ask questions and discuss in this thread.

Second change is that the Midsize Suspended class will be split this year. The two new classes resulting from this split are:
    Mid Size Sport - this class is aimed directly at the ATC200X
    Mid Size Utility - up to 250cc. Typically Big Red, 250SX, 225DX
    We have had to split this class in the past because of the large number of entires.
    It makes sense at this point to split the 200X from the utility machines.

Last change is a brand new class for 2016:
    Conversion Class
    As you would expect, any quad or dirtbike that has been converted to a 3-wheeler.
    Modern conversions will no longer be allowed to compete in the Vintage A, B, or C classes.
    Conversions, as always, will be allowed in the anything goes, run what you brung, Unlimited Open Expert Pro Class (aka. BTC)

With the new classes, the program will look like this (race order will be determined TBA):
    1. Kids
    2. Unsuspended
    3. Semi-suspended
    4. Mid Size Utility (250ES, SX, 225DX)
    5. Mid Size Sport (200X)
    6. 350X
    7. 2-stroke C Novice
    8. 2-stroke B Advanced
    9. 2-stroke A Expert
    10. Ladies
    11. Geriatric (40+)
    12. Unlimited Open Expert - BTC - National TrikeFest MX Championship
    13. Conversion class

Looking forward to your comments and questions......

--
    Here are some of the compelling reasons we decided to try the single moto format this year:

People may be more inclined to run multiple classes.
    Easier to manage the staging, having only to get each class lined up once.
    Can now add those couple classes (see Post #1) without making it a longer day.
    Now we can run more laps per race.
    Less heats = less dust / less coordination with the water truck and Mother Nature
    At intermission, we tend to lose people (go back to camp, eat, whatever).
    People at TrikeFest are on vacation, the program can tend to be pretty long - this will accelerate it.
    With this change, we can speed up this event and folks can get on with whatever else they have planned that day.

Breezewood MX runs a single moto. I personally really liked it (I'm old).
    I ran 2 stroke and 4 stroke classes. I would have never considered doing that in a heat/finals format.

See you on June 24th!!

--
    Are they (Haspin) going to build us a similar MX track this year as they did last year?

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 03-21-2016 at 12:27 PM.

--
    I would assume that track from last year is still there - at least we hope it is!
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    That might not be a good thing. That field was a rutty mess in '14 and '15 (before they built it mid-week in TF '15)

I'm sure it will all work out for our benefit. Haspin's people are really good to TF attendees.

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

--
    So, If I wanted to hit the 200X and the 350X, you better be in damn good shape!!

I didn't see last years track; Due to my camper falling apart on the Mass Pike. I love the big track, but it would take a great set of lungs to push it a few more laps.

Unless your Ditch.....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Steve, the new track is very similar to a TT track. No huge jumps, but some of the longer jumps you can hit with great speed. In my eyes, it is similar to the early ATC tracks from the early 1980s. Nothing "Super"cross about it. It really levels the playing field with those who have a fear of flying, myself included. Best of all, you can see the entire track from all sides. No blind spots. Most everyone liked it last year. I think the track is actually a side by side track - but man is it good on a trike.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Hopefully they'll let us play on the big track. I'm clearing that finish line jump this year!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    The new class's sounds great! I liked the small track last year a lot better than the old track or the big one. Very nice for trikes!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Hopefully they'll let us play on the big track. I'm clearing that finish line jump this year!!
    You will love the new track, and we can play on the big track all week. Please don't try the finish line jump. I like you better in one piece.

--
    I have to say I didn't care for the starting line last year. It gave the guys on the inside (left) an advantage as we turned onto the track you were guaranteed the track positions 1st and so on would be from left (1st) and so on as soon as we turned onto the track. But It won't stop me from coming after 1st place! Lol

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    I have to say I didn't care for the starting line last year. It gave the guys on the inside (left) an advantage as we turned onto the track you were guaranteed the track positions 1st and so on would be from left (1st) and so on as soon as we turned onto the track. But It won't stop me from coming after 1st place! Lol
    That is half the fun of TrikeFest - we never know what the track will look like until we get there.
    Good example: The track you raced (mud bogged) on last year never existed before. It was the first time any of us had seen it.
    The small MX track we used from before 2005 until 2012 just disappeared.
    We think (and hope) that last year's track will still be there when we show up in June.

Oh, and did you get a full face helmet yet?

--
    Geriatric!! Hells Yeah! These Brittle Bones want to catch BIG AIR! :-P
    Trikes I Own:

85 ATC 350X - The Beast
    85 ATC 250SX - High School Pal
    83 ATC 110 - The Little One

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    That is half the fun of TrikeFest - we never know what the track will look like until we get there.
    Good example: The track you raced (mud bogged) on last year never existed before. It was the first time any of us had seen it.
    The small MX track we used from before 2005 until 2012 just disappeared.
    We think (and hope) that last year's track will still be there when we show up in June.

Oh, and did you get a full face helmet yet?
    Not yet! I'll wait till last minute as usual. You guys don't trust my "skills" !?!?! (Lol)

nicker71 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The new changes sound great! I'm looking forward to it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //