//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Info on the new trx250x

big yeller is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Info on the new trx250x

Hey has any one have any ride time on a newer trx250x. I am interested in one for my wife so she can keep up with my on my 200x. I know it's not apples to apples but how would it be compared to my x? I would mind riding it from time to time either. I really like the red white and blue color scheme they have out this year.
    1984 yamaha 200k
    1985 honda 70...some times swap the 125 lifan for fun
    1984 honda 200es
    1985 honda 200x
    atvs:
    2013 Honda Rancher 420 ES

--
    They are junk...I had a 05 when it was still called trx250ex

It has no suspension. You need to upgrade to 300ex front shocks and a banshee front shock for the rear if you want any bounch. You need flat 20's on it and 1" wheel spacers because it tips worse then a 3wheeler

They can have tranny issues, my wife has nothing but issues getting it from 1-2 and back down 2-1 and into reverse.

I bought her a raptor 250 and she likes that more...now she has a KFX700 its rather bike but its all hand controlled up front and even i like it. The raptor blows the 250ex out of the water in every department

attched is her modified 05 trx250ex. neither of us miss that thing.

--
    I bought my wife a brand new 2014 and she loves it. She was trail riding a 400 polaris explorer witch is a handful of a quad but that was what she wanted in 2000.
    Seat is too firm for my liking but other wise over all satisfaction with the 250.

--
    One of the best quads ever made. I have quite a few,and have sold more. Even for "racing" I don't think they're near as bad as oldskools experience was lol. They are extremely nimble for a shaft driven machine, with clean oil and air filter,will last forever,and you can put them on any wheel you want . If you're going new you won't be sorry. Used, I,would look for a 06 up, but honestly all you need is one that hasn't had the dogwater run out of it. Raptor 250's are TINY little quads,a complete different category,but I'm sure you aren't looking for a "sport " quad with a clutch anyhow.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    My wife has never used the clutch on hers. I have never not used the clutch on it ~ habit I suppose.

--
    They are fantastic machines. It will be about the same speed as a 200X
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

LT80 is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    I agree, a fine machine.
    If shifting is a issue, might I suggest a Kymco Mongoose. A CVT tranny (belt). No shifting. My wife loves hers and so do I. Rock solid with honda roots.
    Good luck on your decision.

--
    It is a great entry level quad provided you are the right size for it (meaning not for children). And a quad that even experienced riders can have some fun on. I ride a TRX700XX and will still occasionally ride my son's 250EX. Very easy to maneuver and toss around. In fact, on slow, tight trails, you can run circles around the larger quads. The "sport clutch" feature makes it very user friendly. You can shift gears with or without using the clutch, and it will not stall out. This allows riders with no experience on manual machines to get to easily learn how to use a clutch. LT80 is correct, if shifting is a problem, then this is probably not the machine for her.

--
    my neighbor has one, she loves it. Her kids have beaten the living crap out of it for years and it keeps on going.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //